Health Care Associate's Degrees
An associate’s degree in health care will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in this field. Online degree programs will likely focus on the areas of healthcare administration, medical assisting, medical billing and coding, or health information technology. An associate’s degree in health care will typically require a minimum of sixty credits that may include courses in the basic math and sciences as well as patient care and safety. The University of Phoenix allows students to choose from three associate degree programs in the health care field. It offers courses in health care management, medical records, and pharmacy practice. Kaplan University Online also offers associate’s degrees in medical assisting, medical transcription, and medical office management.
An associate’s degree in health care is right for you if you are seeking to start a career in the medical industry in a relatively short period of time. Research the education requirements for specific health care field careers at our health care career center page.
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment for those in the health care field will increase at a faster rate than any other industry. There is expected to be a twenty-two percent increase in the number of employment opportunities over the next decade. Those with associate’s degrees can expect to work in hospitals, medical offices, and laboratories.
Health Care Schools
- AA in Health Administration
- B.S. in Health Administration/Health Information Systems
- Health Management Certificate
Ultimate Medical Academy (UMA) offers industry-relevant knowledge and training for in demand careers in healthcare.
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- A.S. - Healthcare Management
- A.S. - Health & Human Services More...
- Associate of Science in Health Administration Services
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education.
- BS in Heath and Wellness
- BS in Health Science
- BS in Health Care Administration
- B.S. in Health Studies - Health Management
- B.S. in Health Studies - Health Communication
- B.S. in Health Studies - Self-Designed More...
- Medical Coding
Trident University International provides an exceptional online educational experience for its students – diverse adult learners including current and former members of the military family.
- Health Sciences (BSHS)
- Associate of Applied Science in Medical Coding and Billing
- Bachelor of Science Nursing - Nursing Diploma
- Bachelor of Science in Health Systems Management
- Associate of Arts in Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration/Healthcare Management