Health Care Associate's Degrees
An associate’s degree in health care will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in this field. Online degree programs will likely focus on the areas of healthcare administration, medical assisting, medical billing and coding, or health information technology. An associate’s degree in health care will typically require a minimum of sixty credits that may include courses in the basic math and sciences as well as patient care and safety. The University of Phoenix allows students to choose from three associate degree programs in the health care field. It offers courses in health care management, medical records, and pharmacy practice. Kaplan University Online also offers associate’s degrees in medical assisting, medical transcription, and medical office management.
An associate’s degree in health care is right for you if you are seeking to start a career in the medical industry in a relatively short period of time. Research the education requirements for specific health care field careers at our health care career center page.
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment for those in the health care field will increase at a faster rate than any other industry. There is expected to be a twenty-two percent increase in the number of employment opportunities over the next decade. Those with associate’s degrees can expect to work in hospitals, medical offices, and laboratories.
Health Care Schools
A degree from CTU can connect you to what matters most: powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. So once you earn your degree you hit the ground sprinting. Are you in?
- Associate of Science in Health Administration Services
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Healthcare Management - HSA Mgt.
- Medical Transcriptionist
- Medical Coding and Billing
At University of Phoenix, we believe everyone deserves access to higher education.
University of Phoenix is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association. University of Phoenix was placed on Notice by The Higher Learning Commission, effective June 27, 2013. For additional information, contact The Higher Learning Commission, ncahlc.org.
- AA in Health Administration
- B.S. in Health Administration/Health Information Systems
- Health Management Certificate
- Medical Assisting, AS (Online)
- Health Services Administration, AA
- Health Services Administration, AA (Online) More...
With more than 300 online and residential areas of study, Liberty offers programs from the certificate to doctoral level.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Undergraduate Certificate in Health Sciences
- CERT: Healthcare Management
Earn Your Degree from U.S. News & World Report-Ranked Florida Tech – 100% Online.
- Associate of Arts in Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration/Healthcare Management
Capella provides a flexible online learning environment designed for working adults who want to advance in their profession.
- BSN - RN-to-BSN/MSN Combined Option (CCNE-accredited)
- BS - Health Care Management (ACBSP-accredited)
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Allied Health Science (AS)
- Healthcare Management (BS)