Nursing Associate's Degrees
Are you eager to get into the working world? An associate degree in nursing is the fastest way to get there. Within two years of education, you can gain the skills you need to become a Registered Nurse (RN).
· A two-year degree means less time in a classroom and more time in the field.
· Completing a degree proves your dedication and knowledge to future employers.
But What Will I Learn With an Associates Degree?
That depends on that degree track you decide to take – an Associate of Science degree is more straightforward, focusing solely on technical courses, whereas an Associate of Arts degree often entails a more well-rounded curriculum including humanities courses. Nevertheless, all nursing students pursuing an Associates degree will learn skills such as:
· Anatomy and Physiology
· Safety and Infection Control
· Disease Detection and Prevention
· Administering of Medication
· Patient-Professional Communication
· Ethics and Legal Issues in Health Care
Furthermore, your nursing degree will provide adequate training for the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX), which grants licensure as a registered nurse.
What Kind of Career Can I Find?
With an Associate's Degree in Nursing, you can transition straight from college to a career. The degree qualifies students to take the NCLEX-RN exam and earn a license to practice as an RN. If, at any point, you decide to further your college education, already having an associate's degree can make things much simpler—many RN to BSN nursing programs exist which bridge the gap to a Bachelors degree in just two years.
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession.
- BSN - RN-to-BSN/MSN Combined Option (CCNE-accredited)
- BSN - RN-to-BSN Completion (CCNE-accredited)
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
- Nursing (Post-licensure) - Bachelor
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education.
- B.S. in Nursing: RN to BSN
Saint Mary's University of Minnesota's Online Master's Programs
At Saint Mary's, we take pride in offering online graduate degrees designed to complement the schedules of working adults like you. Get an affordable, convenient education from a top-ranked university that's grounded in real-world applications.
- Online - RN to Bachelors of Science in Nursing
- Veterinary Technology Alternate Route - Certificate
- Veterinary Technology - Associates
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration/Healthcare Management
- Associate of Arts in Healthcare Management
- Healthcare Management (BS)
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
- Bachelor of Science: Healthcare Administration