Certificate programs are offered at the undergraduate and post-graduate levels to demonstrate skill competencies for the workplace. At the undergraduate level certificates are considered to be valued between a high school diploma and associates degree. Skill and career-focused certificate programs have gained acceptance by employers as benchmarks in the student's knowledge of job skills, techniques, software, and procedures, etc.
Certificate programs offer training in a variety of professional specialties, including information technology, health care technology, business, and law enforcement. At the graduate level, certificate programs can range from 18 hours to a full semester in length. Courses can specialize in beginning, intermediate, and advanced training in a particular technology, software, business practice, lawn enforcement, and healthcare.
Graduate programs lead to certificates in fields including accounting, advertising, business administration, travel and hospitality, education, engineering, finance, fine arts, chemistry, communications, counseling, database administration, human resources, economics, mathematics, music, nursing, physical therapy, psychology, real estate, religious studies, veterinary science, and more.
Colleges, universities, technical schools, and trade schools offer certificate programs in a wide range of professional fields. In the high tech sector, many hardware and software development companies offer certification courses in their proprietary technology. Many professionals return to school every year to update their certifications in business, healthcare practices, real estate, or technology.
Often, certifications lead the way to increased wages and advancement in job roles. Many companies require step-ladder certifications as a means for measuring on-the-job competence. Completion of post-graduate professional certification programs can make the difference for a candidate between one hiring bracket and the next on the scale.
- Veterinary Assistant
- Grooming Instruction
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course
With more than 300 online and residential areas of study, Liberty offers programs from the certificate to doctoral level.
- Undergraduate Certificate in Information Assurance
- Undergraduate Certificate in Web Development
- Undergraduate Certificate in Database More...
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education.
- Pathway to Paralegal Postbaccalaureate Certificate
- Veterinary Food Inspection Specialist
- AAS in Business Administration - Information Processing More...
Take a new step in your education with University of New England. We offer a CEPH-accredited Master of Public Health degree program that can be completed entirely online. With our online program, you'll have the flexibility to study part-time or full-time, when and where it's convenient for you.
- Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study in Leadership, Ethics & Change
Ultimate Medical Academy (UMA) offers industry-relevant knowledge and training for in demand careers in healthcare.
- Diploma - Medical Office Billing Specialist
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- Diploma - Pharmacy Technician More...
- Electrocardiograph Technician
- Medical Coding Specialist
- Medical Assistant More...
Experience an education that helps you realize your potential in a way that fits you best. Request more information about Post University today.
- Certificate: Game Design and Animation
- Certificate: Finance
- Certificate: Legal Nurse Consulting More...
Study online with California University of Pennsylvania.
- BA in Arabic Language and Culture
- Land Management (Certificate)
- Certificate in Arabic Language and Culture
- California Real Estate Salesperson
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing More...