Certificate degrees in business are typically shorter than associate and bachelor degrees. More often than not, you can finish a certificate program between one to 12 months. Furthermore, the topics or subjects you can specialize on include applied management, advertising, basic accounting, business administration, financial management and human resources management. Majority of working individuals that get certificate programs in business are interested in gaining skills and knowledge on information technology. New certificate programs in e-business or e-commerce, technical writing, and non-profit management are now available.
Since many people who decide to take certificate degrees in business do not have ample money or financial support to pursue bachelor degrees, it is important for them to get a job as soon as they finish their short business course. Fortunately, the demand for entry-level positions in business continues to be strong. You can surely find work as administrative assistant, office clerk, word processing clerk, retail store specialist, or sales associate easily. Although many companies take a closer look at the educational background of candidates seeking supervisory or managerial positions, there are still instances when long years of experience and a certificate course can make one eligible for higher positions.
According to an Internet-based salary research company, an entry level office clerk with no experience can earn between $8 and $11 per hour. Aside from years of experience, the salary of office clerks and similar positions also depend on geographical location.
Continue your education with Strayer University.
- Undergrad Cert: Bus Admin: Management
- Undergrad Cert: Bus Admin: Entrepreneurship
- AA: Business Administration
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education.
- AAS in Business Administration
- AAS in Business Administration - Business
- AAS in Business Administration - Small Business Management More...
- Associate of Business - General Business
- Associate of Business - Accounting/Management
- Associate of Business - Marketing
- Associate of Arts in Business Administration
Independence University is your proven partner with over 30 years of distance education delivered right to our students.
- Business Management & Accounting - Retail Sales Management (AAS)
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get in, get moving, and get ahead.
- Associate of Arts in Business Administration Degree
- AA - Business Administration
A degree from CTU can connect you to what matters most: powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. So once you earn your degree you hit the ground sprinting. Are you in?
- Associate's Degree in Business Administration (ASBA)