You are ready to take on the working world, and you were ready yesterday. With a nursing certificate, you will gain the tools you need to enter the nursing profession, so that you can realize those dreams in record time.
· A nursing certificate gets you into the field fast – often in 18 months, and sometimes in as little as nine.
· A certificate will qualify you to work as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), under the care and direction of a Registered Nurse (RN).
· Completing a certificate is excellent preparation to continue on toward an associate or bachelors degree in nursing later on.
But What Will I Learn With a Certificate?
A nursing certificate is a very focused course of study, oriented mainly around basic applied sciences that can be immediately put to use in everyday nursing situations. The exact courses you will encounter may vary from program to program, but all nursing certificate students should expect to study subjects such as:
· Anatomy and Physiology
· Interpersonal Communication
· Medicine Administration
Graduating from a certificate program will qualify you to take the NCLEX-PN exam, which grants licensure as a Practical Nurse.
What Kind of Career Can I Find?
A nursing certificate will prepare you well for entering the health care career field. Depending on the certificate earned, you can start as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN, also known in some regions as a Licensed Vocational Nurse, or LVN), working directly under the supervision of an RN or even a doctor.
If you choose to further your college education down the road, you will be able to build on your certificate in working toward an associate degree or a BSN.
- Veterinary Technology Alternate Route - Certificate
- Veterinary Technology - Associates
Ultimate Medical Academy (UMA) offers industry-relevant knowledge and training for in demand careers in healthcare.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Diploma - Healthcare Technology and Systems