History Master's Degrees
A master’s degree in history will provide you with a deeper understanding of the most influential times and regions that have helped to shape the modern world. Programs in this area of study will likely focus on global development along with research and analysis. A master’s degree in history will prepare the student for a wide variety of occupations including foreign service, cultural liaison, educator, or even a legislative analyst. Norwich University Online offers a degree program with a focus on military history for students who are interested in studying more about global conflicts. University of Nebraska – Kearney’s eCampus also offers a masters of fine arts in history degree with a course of study that allows the student to gain more in-depth knowledge and insight into different cultural regions around the world.
A master’s degree in history is right for you if you enjoy research and have the ability to apply that research knowledge to events that are happening in the present or will happen in the future. Research the education requirements for specific history field careers at our history career center page.
Most students who earn an advanced degree in history will need to specialize in a particular aspect to maximize their earnings potential. For those who use the degree to become historians, the most likely employers will be state and local government agencies.
- MA/Education - Early Childhood Education
- MA/Education - Child Development
- Master of Arts in History Online
- Master of Arts in Military History Online
Founded in 1766, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher learning.
- Online Master of Information
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
- MA: Interdisciplinary Studies
One of the world's leading private research institutions, the University of Southern California (USC) was founded in 1880.
- Online Master of Management in Library and Information Science - Urban Public Librarianship
- Online Master of Management in Library and Information Science - Academic Librarianship
- Online Master of Management in Library and Information Science More...
Our Lady of the Lake University is a private, Catholic university with a deep connection to the history and community of San Antonio.
- Master of Social Work (MSW) Degree
Join the community of thought leaders at University of the Rockies. Pursue your graduate degree from the University’s School of Professional Psychology or School of Organizational Leadership.
- MA in Human Services, Mental Health Administration Specialization
- MA in Human Services
- MA in Human Services, Not-for-Profit Management Specialization
- Master of Arts in Ministry - Pastoral Care and Counseling
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: eLearning/Technology Education