Five Good Reasons to be Linux Certified
Linux is a freely distributed operating system with powerful capabilities that have made it a popular alternative to Microsoft or Unix operating systems. Adopted by major computing titans like Hewlett-Packard and IBM, Linux has entered its second decade as an embedded device system or as the foundation for server platforms around the world.
Consequently, an ever-growing number of employers are searching for Linux-certified personnel to join their technology teams. Programmers and developers who hold Linux certifications can broaden their appeal and deepen their resumes. Here are reasons for pursuing Linux certifications & computer degrees now:
1. Linux certifications benchmark your skills for potential employers. To be eligible for Linux-certification, you must have Linux support experience. When you complete the certification, employers expect that you will be able to install, configure, and troubleshoot their systems at recognized standards.
2. Businesses are migrating to Linux from Windows-based operating systems. Migration means greater job opportunities. Technologists will need essential Linux skills to install, handle networking, govern file permissions, provide and maintain adequate security, and create documentation.
3. Organizations are looking for vendor-neutral technologists. While Linux serves as the core for multiple Novell products, business organizations want flexibility to move in profitable directions without becoming wedded to any particular vendor.
4. Certification builds a foundation for additional expertise. A comprehensive Linux training program not only prepares students to sit for the certification exams, it can build a platform from which professionals can move into additional certifications, including LPI and Fedora.
5. Linux requirements are ever-changing. Professionals need to update their skill sets to remain competitive. The most-recent exam for Linux certification has been upgraded to reflect contemporary concerns. While exam questions still concentrate on Linux server and client systems, new testing components require training and knowledge in documentation and security
- M.S. in Information Technology Management
- B.S. in Information Technology
- Bridge to the M.S. in Information Technology Management
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions.
- Associate of Science in Information Technology
NU has been educating leaders since 1934 at our campus near Seattle. If you have a dream, we can help make it possible.
- Bachelor of Arts in Information Technology
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Information Technology (BS)
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) recently received state approval to enroll students with little to no prior college experience. To help ensure student success, the university has created a program especially for these students who plan on starting their college experience for the first time with us.
- BS - Information Technology
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
- Undergraduate Certificate in Application Development
Study online with California University of Pennsylvania.
- Technical Studies (Associate of Science) - Online