Five Good Reasons to be Linux Certified
Linux is a freely distributed operating system with powerful capabilities that have made it a popular alternative to Microsoft or Unix operating systems. Adopted by major computing titans like Hewlett-Packard and IBM, Linux has entered its second decade as an embedded device system or as the foundation for server platforms around the world.
Consequently, an ever-growing number of employers are searching for Linux-certified personnel to join their technology teams. Programmers and developers who hold Linux certifications can broaden their appeal and deepen their resumes. Here are reasons for pursuing Linux certifications & computer degrees now:
1. Linux certifications benchmark your skills for potential employers. To be eligible for Linux-certification, you must have Linux support experience. When you complete the certification, employers expect that you will be able to install, configure, and troubleshoot their systems at recognized standards.
2. Businesses are migrating to Linux from Windows-based operating systems. Migration means greater job opportunities. Technologists will need essential Linux skills to install, handle networking, govern file permissions, provide and maintain adequate security, and create documentation.
3. Organizations are looking for vendor-neutral technologists. While Linux serves as the core for multiple Novell products, business organizations want flexibility to move in profitable directions without becoming wedded to any particular vendor.
4. Certification builds a foundation for additional expertise. A comprehensive Linux training program not only prepares students to sit for the certification exams, it can build a platform from which professionals can move into additional certifications, including LPI and Fedora.
5. Linux requirements are ever-changing. Professionals need to update their skill sets to remain competitive. The most-recent exam for Linux certification has been upgraded to reflect contemporary concerns. While exam questions still concentrate on Linux server and client systems, new testing components require training and knowledge in documentation and security
- Bridge to the M.S. in Information Technology Management
- B.S. in Information Technology
- M.S. in Information Technology Management
- Information Technology (BS)
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
- Information Technology - Associate
#1 Best Online College
Northern Arizona University understands the need for flexibility in your learning journey.
- Computer Information Technology - BS/BA
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BIT) - Information Assurance and Security
- Master of Science in Information Technology
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
- Undergraduate Certificate in Application Development
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
- Master of Science in Information Technology /Database Administration
- Master of Science in Information Technology /Enterprise Resource Planning
- MBA Cybersecurity More...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Information Technology (BS) (Online)
- Information Technology (AS) (Online)