The 5 Highest-Paying Jobs Right Out of College
So now that you've finished school and proudly hold a college degree, it is time to find that killer job. Due to the lingering effects of the recession and the erratic stock market, 2010 has been an exceptionally tough year on both recent college grads and experienced job-seekers. But talented candidates who interview well and have the right skills still are finding employment.
Read on to find what are the five highest-paying jobs for recent college grads.
Five of the Best Paying Jobs Out of College
- Financial analyst. The bear stock market has softened demand in the financial services sector, but earning potential remains high. Median hourly wages for personal financial advisors was $37.67 in 2008, while financial analysts earned median hourly wages of $41.65. Degree path: Business, economics, mathematics.
- Software Developer. Good developers are like a good cup of coffee -- every employer wants one. Software developers with the right skill set can quickly earn annual salaries that can set them on the path to financial freedom. Computer software engineers who worked with operating systems earned average annual salaries of $93,470 in 2009, while those who worked in applications earned more than $87,000 annually. Degree path: Computer science, computer information systems.
- Actuary. Actuaries analyze financial risk. Nearly two-thirds of actuaries work in the insurance industry. Actuaries earned median annual wages of $87,210 in 2009. Degree path: Mathematics, finance, business.
- Engineer. Depending on your area of expertise, you can expect average median annual salaries of $108,910 for petroleum engineers, to $96,910 for nuclear engineers, to nearly $70,000 for agricultural engineers. Nearly every field of engineering, from chemical engineering, to mineral and geological engineering, to electronics and communications engineering, also recent college graduates very.
Degree path: Engineering (with a specialty emphasis).
- Network Administrator (a.ka. Sys Admin). Keeping a company's computer systems running smoothly pays well. Network systems administrators earned median salaries of $67,710 in 2009. Degree path: Computer science, information science.
Other high-paying jobs out of college include:
- Internet marketing
- Pharmaceutical sales
- Web design
Everest University Online, a Division of Everest University, makes career training convenient and accessible. With courses tailored for working students and others who need a more flexible class schedule, Everest University Online allows students to learn from home and offers the same well-respected curriculum available at a traditional campus.
- Computer Information Science (Bachelor's)
- Computer Information Science (Associate's)
- Applied Management (Associate's) More...
Capella provides a flexible online learning environment designed for working adults who want to advance in their profession.
- DBA - Leadership
- PhD - Information Technology General
- MS - Leadership in Educational Administration More...
The S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University, one of the nation’s top schools of communications, offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs in media and communications.
- Concentration in Journalism Innovation
- Concentration in Advertising
- Concentration in Public Relations
Founded in 1789, Georgetown University is the nation's oldest Catholic and Jesuit university. Today, Georgetown is a major international research university that embodies its founding principles in the diversity of our students, faculty, and staff, our commitment to justice and the common good, our intellectual openness, and our international character.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree to be qualified for this school.
- Master of Science in Nursing Delivered Online
- Specialization: Family Nurse Practitioner
- Specialization: Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner More...
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to BSN
- Master of Arts in Social Impact
- Master of Arts in Interfaith Action
- Master of Arts in Ethical Leadership
Get hands-on training with Le Cordon Bleu Schools of North America.
- Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts Online - Associate Degree in Hospitality and Restaurant Management 60 weeks
- Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts Online - Bachelor Degree in Culinary Management
- Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts Online - Associate Degree in Hospitality and Restaurant Management 84 weeks More...