The 5 Highest-Paying Jobs Right Out of College
So now that you've finished school and proudly hold a college degree, it is time to find that killer job. Due to the lingering effects of the recession and the erratic stock market, 2010 has been an exceptionally tough year on both recent college grads and experienced job-seekers. But talented candidates who interview well and have the right skills still are finding employment.
Read on to find what are the five highest-paying jobs for recent college grads.
Five of the Best Paying Jobs Out of College
- Financial analyst. The bear stock market has softened demand in the financial services sector, but earning potential remains high. Median hourly wages for personal financial advisors was $37.67 in 2008, while financial analysts earned median hourly wages of $41.65. Degree path: Business, economics, mathematics.
- Software Developer. Good developers are like a good cup of coffee -- every employer wants one. Software developers with the right skill set can quickly earn annual salaries that can set them on the path to financial freedom. Computer software engineers who worked with operating systems earned average annual salaries of $93,470 in 2009, while those who worked in applications earned more than $87,000 annually. Degree path: Computer science, computer information systems.
- Actuary. Actuaries analyze financial risk. Nearly two-thirds of actuaries work in the insurance industry. Actuaries earned median annual wages of $87,210 in 2009. Degree path: Mathematics, finance, business.
- Engineer. Depending on your area of expertise, you can expect average median annual salaries of $108,910 for petroleum engineers, to $96,910 for nuclear engineers, to nearly $70,000 for agricultural engineers. Nearly every field of engineering, from chemical engineering, to mineral and geological engineering, to electronics and communications engineering, also recent college graduates very.
Degree path: Engineering (with a specialty emphasis).
- Network Administrator (a.ka. Sys Admin). Keeping a company's computer systems running smoothly pays well. Network systems administrators earned median salaries of $67,710 in 2009. Degree path: Computer science, information science.
Other high-paying jobs out of college include:
- Internet marketing
- Pharmaceutical sales
- Web design
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education.
- BS in Early Childhood Development
- MSHUS- Organizational and Social Services
- MS in Psychology - Addictions More...
- AS - Criminology and Forensic Technology
- AS - Network Systems Administration
- BS - Project Management and Administration: PMA Option More...
At Fortis Institute, you may get the skills and training you need to prepare for a career.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
Please call on 844-252-4552 to talk to a respresentative.
- Associates in Internet Marketing
- Associates in Business Management - Accounting
- Associates in Business Management More...
A degree from CTU can connect you to what matters most: powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. So once you earn your degree you hit the ground sprinting. Are you in?
- Master of Business Administration Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Doctor of Management Technology Management (Executive Format)
- Master of Business Administration More...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Entrepreneurship
- MBA - Finance
- MBA - International Business More...
Orion College is a post-secondary vocational school offering Associate Degree programs in Business Administration, Medical Assisting and Healthcare Management.. By utilizing online learning, students have the flexibility to continue their education from the convenience of their own home. Our virtual classrooms will enable students to attend classes and communicate with instructors and classmates. Students can complete some programs without leaving their current employment or sacrificing family time.
- Medical Assistant
- Veterinary Assistant
- Grooming Instruction
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course