Adult Health Nurse
Your online resource for Adult Health Nurse Education and Career Information. The adult health nurse is technically known as a nurse practitioner, and holds an MSN degree or Masters of Science in Nursing. This program is designed to enhance the education that students have already obtained through RN and BSN programs and to offer clinical teaching skills, teach working independently, and offer management and leadership courses to allow for more advanced career positions in the future. Nursing theory is combined with advanced practical applications so that students have the capability to work as an adult health nurse in any size healthcare facility that they choose to work in. the adult health nurse will cater specifically to adult patients and the elderly, sometimes offering home care or specialty services in assisted living facilities and nursing homes. There are many career options for the adult health nurse, but administration and management are rarely positions that are sought after. Practitioners want to help patients in a hands-on format, and can do so without doctor's supervision if they choose. Of course, licensing exams required by state law must be passed and previous job experience is often required in this position.
Adult Health Nurse Schools
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP) More...
- Master of Science in Nursing - Womens Health Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nurse-Midwifery
- Master of Science in Nursing - Adult-Gero Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a four-year, private university located in west St. Louis County.
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)-Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)-Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP)
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education.
- B.S. in Nursing: RN to BSN
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN) More...
Wilkes University’s School of Nursing offers CCNE-accredited online degrees and certificate programs ideal for working health care professionals, instructed by experienced, respected faculty dedicated to mentoring and personalized support for every student.
- RN to BS
- RN to MS - Nursing Informatics
- M.S. with Major in Nursing - Nursing Informatics More...
Founded in 1766, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher learning.
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education