Adult Health Nurse
Your online resource for Adult Health Nurse Education and Career Information. The adult health nurse is technically known as a nurse practitioner, and holds an MSN degree or Masters of Science in Nursing. This program is designed to enhance the education that students have already obtained through RN and BSN programs and to offer clinical teaching skills, teach working independently, and offer management and leadership courses to allow for more advanced career positions in the future. Nursing theory is combined with advanced practical applications so that students have the capability to work as an adult health nurse in any size healthcare facility that they choose to work in. the adult health nurse will cater specifically to adult patients and the elderly, sometimes offering home care or specialty services in assisted living facilities and nursing homes. There are many career options for the adult health nurse, but administration and management are rarely positions that are sought after. Practitioners want to help patients in a hands-on format, and can do so without doctor's supervision if they choose. Of course, licensing exams required by state law must be passed and previous job experience is often required in this position.
Adult Health Nurse Schools
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN) More...
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry More...
Located in the heart of Washington, D.C. the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University is dedicated to advancing the health of local, national and global communities.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree to be qualified for this school.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
The University of North Florida is a nationally ranked university that offers a well-rounded education to students determined to make their mark and change the lives of others as well as their own.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- RN to BSN
About The University of Texas at Arlington
- Professional Nursing Pathways Program
- Bachelor of Science Nursing (BSN)
- Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN) More...
About University of North Carolina Wilmington
To meet today’s high demand for nursing professionals UNCW is offering an accredited Bachelor of Science in Nursing program completely online.
- MSN Nurse Educator
- RN to BSN
- Master of Science in Nursing - Womens Health Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nurse-Midwifery
- Master of Science in Nursing - Adult-Gero Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
Wilkes University’s School of Nursing offers CCNE-accredited online degrees and certificate programs ideal for working health care professionals, instructed by experienced, respected faculty dedicated to mentoring and personalized support for every student.
- RN to BS
- RN to MS - Nursing Informatics
- M.S. with Major in Nursing - Nursing Informatics More...