Adult Health Nurse
Your online resource for Adult Health Nurse Education and Career Information. The adult health nurse is technically known as a nurse practitioner, and holds an MSN degree or Masters of Science in Nursing. This program is designed to enhance the education that students have already obtained through RN and BSN programs and to offer clinical teaching skills, teach working independently, and offer management and leadership courses to allow for more advanced career positions in the future. Nursing theory is combined with advanced practical applications so that students have the capability to work as an adult health nurse in any size healthcare facility that they choose to work in. the adult health nurse will cater specifically to adult patients and the elderly, sometimes offering home care or specialty services in assisted living facilities and nursing homes. There are many career options for the adult health nurse, but administration and management are rarely positions that are sought after. Practitioners want to help patients in a hands-on format, and can do so without doctor's supervision if they choose. Of course, licensing exams required by state law must be passed and previous job experience is often required in this position.
Adult Health Nurse Schools
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N) More...
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession.
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Care Coordination (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - Nursing Informatics (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Diabetes Nursing (CCNE-accredited) More...
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education.
- B.S. in Nursing: RN to BSN
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Wilkes University’s School of Nursing offers CCNE-accredited online degrees and certificate programs ideal for working health care professionals, instructed by experienced, respected faculty dedicated to mentoring and personalized support for every student.
- RN to BS
- RN to MS - Nursing Informatics
- M.S. with Major in Nursing - Nursing Informatics More...
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- RN-BSN (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- MSN Nursing Administration & Leadership (Master of Science) - Online
- Dual Degree: MSN-MBA (MSN-MBA) - Online
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals.
- Master of Science in Nursing
A nationally recognized leader in online education, Lamar University online tailors the on-campus degree program to a flexible, affordable format for busy professionals.
- RN to BSN
- Registered Nurse to Master of Science in Nursing (RN to MSN)