Business is an expansive field that encompasses everything from accounting and finance to psychology and marketing. Whether you enjoy hard numbers and facts or more elusive intangibles, there exist business degrees to satisfy your interests. It's also possible to retrofit any number of non-business careers and disciplines into your training. Hospitals, schools, government agencies, entertainment companies, and charity organizations all thrive under the stewardship of professionals with business degrees of one sort or another.
Different Types of Business Degrees
Economics, marketing, public relations, bookkeeping, finance, advertising, consumer psychology, conflict resolution, human resources, and various types of information technology all fall under the broader umbrella of business degrees. While many opt for associate training in the field, long-term career advancement often becomes much easier when you have a bachelors or master's degree in one of the above. An MBA is the gold-standard that many aspiring business professionals seek. But some disciplines, like psychology, occasionally warrant a PhD for entry.
Career Prospects with Business Degrees
Because business covers such a broad spectrum of industries and interests, providing comprehensive career data is difficult. But given that globalization and increased international competition are both on the rise, demand for those with business expertise is also expected to grow in many business-related fields. Accountants, for example, can anticipate faster than average demand for their expertise as greater regulation and oversight continue to drive the market. Salary projections are equally difficult to nail down. Whereas accountants might earn a median salary of $55K a year, entrepreneurs often exceed $100K a year if they can successfully apply the lessons learned through their rigorous business training.
- MBA - Business Administration (ACBSP-accredited)
- BS - Business Administration (ACBSP-accredited)
- MBA - Business Intelligence (ACBSP-accredited) More...
- Graduate Certificate - Human Resource Management
- Master - Human Resource Management
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration/Management
- Mini MBA Certificate/Management
- Master of Business Administration More...
Since 1888, The University of Scranton has grounded its education in Catholic and Jesuit principles based on intellectual growth and integrity, all of which shape the online master’s and certificate programs.
- Master of Business Administration
- MBA - Human Resources
- MBA - Accounting More...
Concordia University, Nebraska offers accredited Master of Education and Master of Science degree programs online to help advance your career and become a transformative leader.
- MBA - Master of Business Administration - Risk Management
- MBA - Master of Business Administration - Business Intelligence
- MBA - Master of Business Administration - Human Resources Management More...
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education.
- B.S. in Business Administration
- B.S. in Business Administration / Accounting
- B.S. in Business Administration / International Business More...
What They’re Known For
Founded in 1946 and located in the heart of central New York, Utica College is a regionally accredited, independent, private institution that features many of the advantages of a large university — such as undergraduate and graduate degree options, excellent academics, and outstanding faculty — with the intimacy and high degree of personal attention more closely associated with smaller private institutions.
- MBA - General
- MBA - Finance/Accounting
- MBA - Cybersecurity More...