Corrections Officer Training
Your online resource for Corrections Officer Training and Career Information. Corrections officers are always in high demand. This part of the criminal justice system is the one that focuses on jails and the incarceration of prisoners and law-breaking citizens. A corrections officer is responsible for working in the jail environment and managing and taking care of prisoners. A certificate or degree program in corrections generally can be two years or less and qualify for the educational requirements of correctional facilities. Careers in this area include correctional officers, probation officers, administrative positions, and other related job titles. There is a training program that includes education on criminal justice, social and behavioral sciences, and conflict resolution and problem solving. Working in the criminal justice system with corrections officer training is a career that many people find very enjoyable. It pays well and generally comes with state or federal benefits depending on where employment is found. As the population continues to grow and more people are put in jail, there will be a need for more corrections officers into the next decade or so. Plus, there are many reaching retirement age which is creating a new demand for corrections officers as well.
Corrections Officer Schools
- Graduate Certificate of Completion in Forensic Psychology
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- B.S. in Public Safety and Emergency Management
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
Study online with California University of Pennsylvania.
- Behavioral Crime Analysis Certificate
- Applied Criminology Certificate
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) recently received state approval to enroll students with little to no prior college experience. To help ensure student success, the university has created a program especially for these students who plan on starting their college experience for the first time with us.
- BS - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- Master - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals.
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
- Associate of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice/Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education.
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- B.S. in Human Services / Criminal Justice
Technology changes everything®
You’ve found Ashford University, where school comes to you
- MS/Criminal Justice - Forensic Science
- BA/Social and Criminal Justice - Criminal Investigations
- MS/Criminal Justice - Homeland Security More...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)