General Education Degrees
Your online resource for General Education Degrees and Career Information. General education degrees are a great choice for people who want to work in education, but aren't sure where their skills would be best utilized. Of course, the most obvious career choice for those seeking this degree is teaching. However, general education degrees can also lead to careers in tutoring, private education, administration, and other areas within the educational system. The degree is designed to prepare students for lesson planning, discipline, instruction in the classroom, and the psychology of learning. It teaches theory and practical applications of teaching to provide people with a basis to start from in their own teaching careers. There are 2-year programs, bachelor degrees, master's programs, and all types of specialty declarations that can be added to any general education program. General education careers can be found in a variety of areas, including teaching, administration within schools, and other educational careers outside of becoming a teacher. There is a growing demand for teachers in the United States, offering job opportunities that are well above average into the next decade.
General Education Schools
Join the community of thought leaders at University of the Rockies. Pursue your graduate degree from the University’s School of Professional Psychology or School of Organizational Leadership.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Education, Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment
- MA in Education
- Doctor of Philosophy in Education, Distance Learning
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) recently received state approval to enroll students with little to no prior college experience. To help ensure student success, the university has created a program especially for these students who plan on starting their college experience for the first time with us.
- MS - Teaching and Learning
Founded by the Society of Jesus in 1851, Saint Joseph's University (SJU) has been developing the minds and abilities of men and women in a challenging academic environment steeped in the enriching Jesuit tradition of cura personalis (care of the entire person).
- Masters in Secondary Education
- Masters in Special Education
- MS in Special Education with Wilson Reading Certification More...
- M.A. Education with Preliminary Education Specialist Instruction Credential
- Preliminary Education Specialist Credential
- Multiple Subject English Learner Teaching Credential More...
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education.
- B.S. in Child Studies
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Social Studies
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Common Core State Standards Instructional Leader
- M.Ed. in Career and Technical Education More...