Family Practice Nurse
Your online resource for Family Practice Nurse Education and Career Information. Family practice nurse positions are generally filled by the nurse practitioner. This training goes above and beyond the typical RN training, allowing for operation with or without a doctor's supervision. A family practice nurse will be able to see, diagnose, and treat patients on their own, creating more time for the doctor to focus on more severe patients and issues that need to be addressed. In many cases, the family practice nurse serves as the determining factor as to whether someone needs to see a doctor or not. Basic illnesses like sinusitis, respiratory infections, and other simple diagnoses and treatments are handled by nurse practitioners in many medical facilities. The nurse practitioner is becoming more popular as many pharmacies are implementing well care clinics that staff only a nurse practitioner and treat only the most common infections and illnesses. Into the future, this career will see significant growth that is well above the national average. The educational path for this career usually involves a master's degree in nursing with a specialization in one of many nurse practitioner related fields.
Family Practice Nurse Schools
Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a four-year, private university located in west St. Louis County.
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)-Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)-Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP)
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education.
- B.S. in Nursing: RN to BSN
Wilkes University’s School of Nursing offers CCNE-accredited online degrees and certificate programs ideal for working health care professionals, instructed by experienced, respected faculty dedicated to mentoring and personalized support for every student.
- RN to BS
- RN to MS - Nursing Informatics
- M.S. with Major in Nursing - Nursing Informatics More...
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP) More...
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN) More...
- Master of Science in Nursing - Womens Health Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nurse-Midwifery
- Master of Science in Nursing - Adult-Gero Primary Care Nurse Practitioner