Your online resource for Gerontology Degrees and Career Information. Gerontology is the study of aging, on physical, mental, and social levels. It focuses on the study of changes in adults during ages and the ways that social issues change with age. This particular discipline is available as an RN credential that allows nurses to cater specifically to older patients and become advocates for the elderly. Gerontology degrees are also available in other disciplines including social sciences and healthcare outside of nursing. In any situation, the focus of the study is on the aging process and the patients or clients that are taken care of are generally above the age of 65. Certification in gerontology can allow anyone to work in nursing homes, hospitals, and other facilities directly working with older patients. Associate's degrees prepare students for entry-level careers and bachelor degree programs, and include training in courses that are relevant to the aging process. Continued improvements in healthcare are creating longer lives for current elderly patients, creating a demand for more professionals who can deal specifically with the aging process through gerontology degrees.
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics More...
- MS - Mental Health Counseling (CACREP-accredited)
- PhD - Multidisciplinary Human Services
- MS - Multidisciplinary Human Services
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management - Informatics
- Doctor of Management - Healthcare Management and Leadership (Executive Format) More...
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education.
- B.S. in Human Services / Human Services Management
- B.S. in Human Services
- B.S. in Human Services / Health and Community Services
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
- Associate of Arts in Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration/Healthcare Management
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN) More...