Guidance Counselor Education
Your online resource for Guidance Counselor Education and Career Information. Guidance counselors are a rare breed. These are specially trained counseling professionals who work in schools to help children and young adults with school issues, planning for the future, and career and college decisions. School counselors are required to meet state certification standards, which vary from one state to the next. They also generally have to have some graduate-level work completed. Just about every state requires guidance counselors to have a master's degree and keep up with continuing education in order to keep their certification current every year or two. In most states, counselors will have to complete 3,000 hours or two years of supervised job experience in order to get their license. Then, they will have to seek continuing education over time to maintain that license. There are more than 250,000 school and guidance counselors in the workforce, and the job outlook is positive for these professionals. Retiring professionals and a high demand versus low availability of recent counseling graduates are going to contribute to the increase of counseling positions that are available in schools, among other things.
Guidance Counselor Schools
- PhD - Educational Psychology
- MS - School Counseling (CACREP-accredited)
- MS - Educational Psychology More...
- M.S. in Psychology with an Emphasis in Forensic Psychology
- Graduate Certificate of Completion in GeroPsychology
- M.S. Psychology with an Emphasis in Geropsychology More...
- MA Psychology
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
- M.Ed. - School Counseling
- Bachelor of Science: Psychology: Addiction and Recovery
- Master of Science: Psychology: Developmental Psychology More...
Study online with California University of Pennsylvania.
- Sports Counseling (Certificate) - Online
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University.
- Psychology - BA
- General Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Mental Health Policy and Practice - Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology More...
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education.
- B.A. in Psychology
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Psychology (BA) (Online)
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
- Psychology - Bachelor
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Master of Marriage and Family Therapy
- Master of Marriage and Family Therapy - Child & Adolescent Therapy
- Master of Marriage and Family Therapy - Treatment of Trauma More...
Join the community of thought leaders at University of the Rockies. Pursue your graduate degree from the University’s School of Professional Psychology or School of Organizational Leadership.
- Doctor of Psychology, Mediation & Conflict Resolution
- MA in Psychology, General Psychology
- MA in Psychology, Career Management and Counseling Specialization