Your online resource for LPN Licensed Practical Nurse Education and Career Information. The LPN licensed practical nurse position is one that takes about a year of education, depending on previous experience and education that is held. If someone took courses for CNA licensure in high school or through a vocational postsecondary program, they might need less training to become an LPN. These professionals provide care to patients under the supervision of RNs and physicians. Their duties include collecting samples, giving injections, monitoring treatment, and other similar tasks. Additionally, the LPN is often responsible for supervising nurse assistants and aides and developing care plans and taking care of administrative tasks. The education taught to the LPN licensed practical nurse includes chemistry, medical measurements and mathematics, communications, medical ethics and professionalism, and related courses. Due to the growing demand of nurses in the country, LPNs have many career options once their training and education is completed. The LPN can provide careers in hospitals, assisted living facilities, doctors' offices, and other healthcare settings.
LPN Nurse Schools
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Care Coordination (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - Nursing Informatics (CCNE-accredited)
- BSN - RN-to-BSN/MSN Combined Option (CCNE-accredited) More...
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals.
- Doctor of Health Science
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
- Nursing (Post-licensure) - Bachelor
Advance your career. 100% Focused on Health Sciences.
- MSN - Informatics (Online)
- MSN Advanced Generalist (Online)
- RN to MSN - Advanced Generalist (Online) More...
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- PhD - Addictions
- PhD - Gerontology More...
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education.
- B.S. in Nursing: RN to BSN
Saint Xavier University, Chicago’s oldest Catholic university, has a long history of educating students to prepare them for professional success and lay the foundation for personal fulfillment.
- MSN in Clinical Leadership
- MSN in Executive Leadership