Your online resource for LPN Licensed Practical Nurse Education and Career Information. The LPN licensed practical nurse position is one that takes about a year of education, depending on previous experience and education that is held. If someone took courses for CNA licensure in high school or through a vocational postsecondary program, they might need less training to become an LPN. These professionals provide care to patients under the supervision of RNs and physicians. Their duties include collecting samples, giving injections, monitoring treatment, and other similar tasks. Additionally, the LPN is often responsible for supervising nurse assistants and aides and developing care plans and taking care of administrative tasks. The education taught to the LPN licensed practical nurse includes chemistry, medical measurements and mathematics, communications, medical ethics and professionalism, and related courses. Due to the growing demand of nurses in the country, LPNs have many career options once their training and education is completed. The LPN can provide careers in hospitals, assisted living facilities, doctors' offices, and other healthcare settings.
LPN Nurse Schools
- Master of Science in Nursing - Womens Health Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nurse-Midwifery
- Master of Science in Nursing - Adult-Gero Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a four-year, private university located in west St. Louis County.
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)-Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)-Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP)
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP) More...
Grow Your Career with the University of Saint Mary
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nurse Educator
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nurse Administrator
- RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education.
- B.S. in Nursing: RN to BSN
Study online with California University of Pennsylvania.
- RN-BSN (Bachelor of Science) - Online