Medical Training Degrees
The healthcare industry is one of the fastest growing industries in the world today. By 2015, healthcare expenditures in the US will total $4 trillion (or roughly 20% of GDP). Thus, if you're looking for a career that promises numerous options, opportunities, and tremendous growth potential, you should seriously consider securing medical training now so that you can capitalize on this explosive growth in the future. And don't make the mistake of thinking that medical training requires that you become a doctor. There are countless professions in the healthcare industry that don't require nearly as much formal education. Nurses, transcribers, coders, insurance claims adjusters, medical technologist, orderlies, medical receptionist, and medical attorneys are but a small sampling of the various career paths you can pursue with the proper type of training.
Because potential medical careers are so varied, this also means that you have a range of different types of schools from which to choose. Physicians and medical attorneys usually require the most education. There are many careers that only require certificates or associate degrees, such as medical technologists, massage therapists, nurses, and orderlies. And even better, many of these schools have online programs, so you don't necessarily need to quit your day job in order to receive the training required for entry.
Career Outlook with Medical Training
If you review the career projections for the various medical occupations on the US Department of Labor web site, you will notice that almost all of them are expected to enjoy faster than average growth. People will pay handsomely to stay fit and healthy, and thus, if you have the skills and training to help provide optimal medical care, you can capitalize on the explosive growth that the larger healthcare industry is expected to enjoy in the coming years.
Medical Training Schools
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University.
- PhD - Addictions
- PhD - Gerontology
- PhD - Trauma and Disaster Relief More...
One of the world's leading private research institutions, the University of Southern California (USC) was founded in 1880.
- Online Executive Master of Health Administration
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP) More...
Founded in 1766, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher learning.
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a four-year, private university located in west St. Louis County.
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)-Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)-Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP)
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN) More...