Medical Training Degrees
The healthcare industry is one of the fastest growing industries in the world today. By 2015, healthcare expenditures in the US will total $4 trillion (or roughly 20% of GDP). Thus, if you're looking for a career that promises numerous options, opportunities, and tremendous growth potential, you should seriously consider securing medical training now so that you can capitalize on this explosive growth in the future. And don't make the mistake of thinking that medical training requires that you become a doctor. There are countless professions in the healthcare industry that don't require nearly as much formal education. Nurses, transcribers, coders, insurance claims adjusters, medical technologist, orderlies, medical receptionist, and medical attorneys are but a small sampling of the various career paths you can pursue with the proper type of training.
Because potential medical careers are so varied, this also means that you have a range of different types of schools from which to choose. Physicians and medical attorneys usually require the most education. There are many careers that only require certificates or associate degrees, such as medical technologists, massage therapists, nurses, and orderlies. And even better, many of these schools have online programs, so you don't necessarily need to quit your day job in order to receive the training required for entry.
Career Outlook with Medical Training
If you review the career projections for the various medical occupations on the US Department of Labor web site, you will notice that almost all of them are expected to enjoy faster than average growth. People will pay handsomely to stay fit and healthy, and thus, if you have the skills and training to help provide optimal medical care, you can capitalize on the explosive growth that the larger healthcare industry is expected to enjoy in the coming years.
Medical Training Schools
- MS - Sex Therapy
- MS - Health Care Security
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Care Coordination (CCNE-accredited) More...
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice More...
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN) More...
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University.
- PhD - Addictions
- PhD - Gerontology
- PhD - Trauma and Disaster Relief More...
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals.
- Doctor of Health Science
- Master of Science in Nursing
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) recently received state approval to enroll students with little to no prior college experience. To help ensure student success, the university has created a program especially for these students who plan on starting their college experience for the first time with us.
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- BS - Healthcare Administration and Management
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
- Nursing (Post-licensure) - Bachelor
- Health Services Administration - Bachelor