Nursing Assistant Aide
Your online resource for Nursing Assistant Aide Education and Career Information. A nursing assistant aide is more commonly referred to as a CNA, or Certified Nursing Assistant. This career requires very little postsecondary education, and can usually be completed in high school vocational programs or through on-the-job training. The certification process involves a competency test to demonstrate the abilities that are required in this position. CNAs will work with nurses to provide basic needs and patient care that is minimal. Most commonly, the nursing assistant aide position is the one responsible for taking care of bathing, cleaning, and changing patients as well as changing beds and keeping nurses and others updated on patient conditions. Most commonly, a nursing assistant aide will work in a nursing home or assisted care setting. However, they are also valuable in hospitals and health centers for a variety of tasks. This nursing position ranks right below the LVN or LPN position, and is the most basic nursing job that can be found. The certification will need to be renewed, like any nursing license, so continuing education is a must for professionals in this career.
Nursing Assistant Aide Schools
- Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (MSN)
- Family Nurse Practitioner (PGC)
Wilkes University’s School of Nursing offers CCNE-accredited online degrees and certificate programs ideal for working health care professionals, instructed by experienced, respected faculty dedicated to mentoring and personalized support for every student.
- M.S. with Major in Nursing - Nursing Education
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education.
- B.S. in Nursing: RN to BSN
Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a four-year, private university located in west St. Louis County.
- Online Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)-Pediatric (Primary Care) Nurse Practitioner (PNP)
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP) More...