Nursing Science Degree
Your online resource for Nursing Science Education and Career Information. Nursing science, another term for the BSN (Bachelor's of Science in Nursing) degree, is a program that is very popular among those currently working in the RN profession. The transition from RN to BSN takes only two years in most cases because of the previous formal training that was taken for RN licensing. For new students, the program is a 4-year degree that focuses on teaching theory and nursing science, research, leadership, and techniques and new technology in the nursing field. Focusing on the science aspect of the career, it offers more technical training and the ability to do more medically involved jobs than an RN might be able. Additionally, the education in theory and leadership that comes with a nursing science education opens the door to administrative and management positions within healthcare systems around the country. While many who obtain degrees in nursing science will remain RNs, there are many who seek management positions or administration careers for better pay and higher levels of success. Continuing education in nursing science will be required to maintain licensure every 1-2 years, as determined by each state.
Nursing Science Schools
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N) More...
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession.
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Care Coordination (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - Nursing Informatics (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Diabetes Nursing (CCNE-accredited) More...
Founded in 1766, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher learning.
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
- Nursing (Post-licensure) - Bachelor
- Nursing Administration - Master's
- Nursing Education - Master's
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education.
- B.S. in Nursing: RN to BSN