Nursing Science Degree
Your online resource for Nursing Science Education and Career Information. Nursing science, another term for the BSN (Bachelor's of Science in Nursing) degree, is a program that is very popular among those currently working in the RN profession. The transition from RN to BSN takes only two years in most cases because of the previous formal training that was taken for RN licensing. For new students, the program is a 4-year degree that focuses on teaching theory and nursing science, research, leadership, and techniques and new technology in the nursing field. Focusing on the science aspect of the career, it offers more technical training and the ability to do more medically involved jobs than an RN might be able. Additionally, the education in theory and leadership that comes with a nursing science education opens the door to administrative and management positions within healthcare systems around the country. While many who obtain degrees in nursing science will remain RNs, there are many who seek management positions or administration careers for better pay and higher levels of success. Continuing education in nursing science will be required to maintain licensure every 1-2 years, as determined by each state.
Nursing Science Schools
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN) More...
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry More...
Located in the heart of Washington, D.C. the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University is dedicated to advancing the health of local, national and global communities.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree to be qualified for this school.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
About The University of Texas at Arlington
- Professional Nursing Pathways Program
- Bachelor of Science Nursing (BSN)
- Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN) More...
About University of North Carolina Wilmington
To meet today’s high demand for nursing professionals UNCW is offering an accredited Bachelor of Science in Nursing program completely online.
- MSN Nurse Educator
- RN to BSN
The University of North Florida is a nationally ranked university that offers a well-rounded education to students determined to make their mark and change the lives of others as well as their own.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- RN to BSN
- Master of Science in Nursing - Womens Health Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nurse-Midwifery
- Master of Science in Nursing - Adult-Gero Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
Wilkes University’s School of Nursing offers CCNE-accredited online degrees and certificate programs ideal for working health care professionals, instructed by experienced, respected faculty dedicated to mentoring and personalized support for every student.
- RN to BS
- RN to MS - Nursing Informatics
- M.S. with Major in Nursing - Nursing Informatics More...