Nursing Science Degree
Your online resource for Nursing Science Education and Career Information. Nursing science, another term for the BSN (Bachelor's of Science in Nursing) degree, is a program that is very popular among those currently working in the RN profession. The transition from RN to BSN takes only two years in most cases because of the previous formal training that was taken for RN licensing. For new students, the program is a 4-year degree that focuses on teaching theory and nursing science, research, leadership, and techniques and new technology in the nursing field. Focusing on the science aspect of the career, it offers more technical training and the ability to do more medically involved jobs than an RN might be able. Additionally, the education in theory and leadership that comes with a nursing science education opens the door to administrative and management positions within healthcare systems around the country. While many who obtain degrees in nursing science will remain RNs, there are many who seek management positions or administration careers for better pay and higher levels of success. Continuing education in nursing science will be required to maintain licensure every 1-2 years, as determined by each state.
Nursing Science Schools
The goal of earning a master’s degree should be defined by you, not by your circumstances. No matter which path you’ve chosen, a graduate degree can help you advance with your current organization, explore opportunities with a new company, or even start fresh in a new industry. When you earn your master's degree, you’re opening new opportunities for career development that can make a difference for you and your family. Through flexible class scheduling, dedicated career advisors and quality programs, NAU strives to provide a caring and supportive learning environment to ensure your success as a student.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing - Care Coordination
- Master of Science in Nursing - Womens Health Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nurse-Midwifery
- Master of Science in Nursing - Adult-Gero Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
Founded in 1766, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher learning.
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a four-year, private university located in west St. Louis County.
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)-Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)-Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP)
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education.
- B.S. in Nursing: RN to BSN
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP) More...
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN) More...