Your online resource for Ophthalmic Technician Training and Career Information. The role of the ophthalmic technician is to assist the eye doctor with patient care. These professionals are required to help with medical history, contact lens education, eye medication dosing and administering, medication instruction, diagnostic testing, maintaining equipment and the workplace, and training other assistants. The ophthalmic technician is required to attend a training program that lasts between 12 and 18 months to become certified in their knowledge and skills. Students will learn about various eye health issues, including retina, pediatrics, glaucoma issues, cornea health, and neuro-ophthalmology. Students also will receive hands-on training in the field and can study more on the job as time goes on. The career is one that is gaining popularity as more eye doctors have more patients and less time to spend with them on their own. Future growth for this career will be quite good, and graduates of the program can choose to work in private eye clinics, chain stores, or wherever they choose with their certification.
Ophthalmic Technician Schools
- MS - Sex Therapy
- MS - Health Care Security
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Care Coordination (CCNE-accredited) More...
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice More...
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management - Informatics More...
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals.
- Doctor of Health Science
- Master of Science in Nursing
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University.
- PhD - Addictions
- PhD - Gerontology
- PhD - Trauma and Disaster Relief More...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
Ultimate Medical Academy (UMA) offers industry-relevant knowledge and training for in demand careers in healthcare.
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Office Billing Specialist More...
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- MS in Exercise Science: Nutrition More...
- Medical Coding and Billing