Your online resource for Ophthalmic Technician Training and Career Information. The role of the ophthalmic technician is to assist the eye doctor with patient care. These professionals are required to help with medical history, contact lens education, eye medication dosing and administering, medication instruction, diagnostic testing, maintaining equipment and the workplace, and training other assistants. The ophthalmic technician is required to attend a training program that lasts between 12 and 18 months to become certified in their knowledge and skills. Students will learn about various eye health issues, including retina, pediatrics, glaucoma issues, cornea health, and neuro-ophthalmology. Students also will receive hands-on training in the field and can study more on the job as time goes on. The career is one that is gaining popularity as more eye doctors have more patients and less time to spend with them on their own. Future growth for this career will be quite good, and graduates of the program can choose to work in private eye clinics, chain stores, or wherever they choose with their certification.
Ophthalmic Technician Schools
- MS - Sex Therapy
- MS - Health Care Security
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Care Coordination (CCNE-accredited) More...
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice More...
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN) More...
- BS/Nursing (RN to BSN)
- MA/Health Care Administration
- BA/Health Care Administration More...
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals.
- Doctor of Health Science
- Master of Science in Nursing
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University.
- PhD - Addictions
- PhD - Gerontology
- PhD - Trauma and Disaster Relief More...
Get personalized attention with UMA.
One-on-one tutoring, pre-interview coaching, job search assistance, alumni services-they’re all included in Ultimate Medical Academy’s competitively priced tuition. As a nationally accredited school, we provide quality career training online and at our two campuses in the Tampa Bay area of Florida.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding More...
Located in the heart of Washington, D.C. the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University is dedicated to advancing the health of local, national and global communities.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree to be qualified for this school.
- Executive Master of Health Administration