Your online resource for Ophthalmic Technician Training and Career Information. The role of the ophthalmic technician is to assist the eye doctor with patient care. These professionals are required to help with medical history, contact lens education, eye medication dosing and administering, medication instruction, diagnostic testing, maintaining equipment and the workplace, and training other assistants. The ophthalmic technician is required to attend a training program that lasts between 12 and 18 months to become certified in their knowledge and skills. Students will learn about various eye health issues, including retina, pediatrics, glaucoma issues, cornea health, and neuro-ophthalmology. Students also will receive hands-on training in the field and can study more on the job as time goes on. The career is one that is gaining popularity as more eye doctors have more patients and less time to spend with them on their own. Future growth for this career will be quite good, and graduates of the program can choose to work in private eye clinics, chain stores, or wherever they choose with their certification.
Ophthalmic Technician Schools
- MS - Sex Therapy
- MS - Health Care Security
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Care Coordination (CCNE-accredited) More...
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge) More...
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN) More...
- BS/Nursing (RN to BSN)
- MA/Health Care Administration
- BA/Health Care Administration
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- Bachelors in Healthcare Administration and Management
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- MS in Exercise Science: Nutrition More...
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
- Nursing (Post-licensure) - Bachelor
- Health Services Administration - Bachelor
Advance your career. 100% Focused on Health Sciences.
- MSN - Informatics (Online)
- MSN Advanced Generalist (Online)
- RN to MSN - Advanced Generalist (Online) More...