Patient Care Assistant Technician
Your online resource for Patient Care Assistant Technician Education and Career Information. The patient care assistant technician works alongside doctors and nurses in a medical setting to provide patient care. This position is often one that has more contact with patients than doctors or nurses might. These professionals assist patients with things that they need done, including getting out of bed, using the bathroom, taking baths, eating, and other daily tasks. These technicians are sometimes known as hospital attendants, nurse assistants and nurse aides, depending on the facility that they work in. Students who are studying to become a patient care assistant technician will find courses in medical ethics and training, as well as first aid and CPR. They will learn to check vitals and have practical experience to help them demonstrate competency to be certified in their position. The patient care technician will become a certified nursing assistant, or CNA, but only by designation, once their classes have been completed. Job duties include things like taking out IVs, cleaning and irrigating wounds, answering phones, assist with critical patients, attend to comfort and safety of patients, and related areas of work within the hospital setting.
Patient Care Assistant Technician Schools
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- DrPH - Public Health
- MPH - Public Health
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
- Allied Health Management - Bachelor of Science
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator