Patient Care Assistant Technician
Your online resource for Patient Care Assistant Technician Education and Career Information. The patient care assistant technician works alongside doctors and nurses in a medical setting to provide patient care. This position is often one that has more contact with patients than doctors or nurses might. These professionals assist patients with things that they need done, including getting out of bed, using the bathroom, taking baths, eating, and other daily tasks. These technicians are sometimes known as hospital attendants, nurse assistants and nurse aides, depending on the facility that they work in. Students who are studying to become a patient care assistant technician will find courses in medical ethics and training, as well as first aid and CPR. They will learn to check vitals and have practical experience to help them demonstrate competency to be certified in their position. The patient care technician will become a certified nursing assistant, or CNA, but only by designation, once their classes have been completed. Job duties include things like taking out IVs, cleaning and irrigating wounds, answering phones, assist with critical patients, attend to comfort and safety of patients, and related areas of work within the hospital setting.
Patient Care Assistant Technician Schools
- Veterinary Technology Alternate Route - Certificate
- Veterinary Technology - Associates
- Respiratory Therapy
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- DHA - Health Administration
- MHA - Health Administration
- BS - Health Care Administration Leadership More...
Founded in 1766, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher learning.
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Wilkes University’s School of Nursing offers CCNE-accredited online degrees and certificate programs ideal for working health care professionals, instructed by experienced, respected faculty dedicated to mentoring and personalized support for every student.
- RN to BS
- RN to MS - Nursing Informatics
- M.S. with Major in Nursing - Nursing Informatics More...
Grantham University's 100% accredited online degrees are convenient, portable and designed so you can fit education into your life instead of arranging life around your education.
- Master of Healthcare Administration
Study online with California University of Pennsylvania.
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Master of Science) - Online
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Certificate) - Online