Special Education Degrees
Your online resource for Special Education Degrees and Career Information. Careers in special education are a special breed. It takes a certain kind of person to be able to work with those who are developmentally disabled in some capacity. They require extra care and teaching that goes above and beyond what a normal educator would offer. Training in special education requires typical educational training along with classes on how to handle disabled children and young adults, depending on the group that you prefer to teach. Sensitivity training is usually something that is required as additional training, along with instructional methods for teaching those who learn differently. Teachers will need to learn how to develop individualized education plans, or IEPs, for their students, as this is how most progress in special education is monitored. Teaching is a rewarding career as it is, but when people choose to get special education degrees and work with those who have learning problems or developmental disabilities, it can be an even more rewarding career path. Some graduates will pursue careers in teaching, while others might choose administrative or counseling positions that utilize their education.
Special Education Schools
- Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Special Education
- M.Ed. in Special Education: Cross-Categorical (Leads to initial teacher licensure)
- M.Ed. in Special Education: Cross-Categorical (Does not lead to initial teacher licensure) More...
- PhD - Special Education Leadership
- MS - Special Education Teaching
- EdS - Teacher Leader in Digital Transformation More...
- Doctor of Management Higher Education Teaching and Learning
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
- M.Ed. - Program Specialist in Gifted Specialist
- M.Ed. Teaching and Learning - Special Education
- MA in Teaching - Special Education More...
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: The Inclusive Classroom (SPED)
- M.Ed. in Advanced Study in Special Education
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Social Studies More...
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University.
- Special Education - Doctor of Education
- Special Education - Master of Education
- Special Education - EdS More...
Earn an NYU degree from anywhere in the country using our state-of-the-art online platform. You’ll attend live online classes, complete self-paced course work, and gain hands-on clinical experiences at field sites in or near your community.
- Master of Science in Communicative Sciences and Disorders
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) recently received state approval to enroll students with little to no prior college experience. To help ensure student success, the university has created a program especially for these students who plan on starting their college experience for the first time with us.
- MS - Teaching and Learning
- M.A. Education with Preliminary Education Specialist Instruction Credential
- Preliminary Education Specialist Credential
- Multiple Subject English Learner Teaching Credential More...