Special Education Degrees
Your online resource for Special Education Degrees and Career Information. Careers in special education are a special breed. It takes a certain kind of person to be able to work with those who are developmentally disabled in some capacity. They require extra care and teaching that goes above and beyond what a normal educator would offer. Training in special education requires typical educational training along with classes on how to handle disabled children and young adults, depending on the group that you prefer to teach. Sensitivity training is usually something that is required as additional training, along with instructional methods for teaching those who learn differently. Teachers will need to learn how to develop individualized education plans, or IEPs, for their students, as this is how most progress in special education is monitored. Teaching is a rewarding career as it is, but when people choose to get special education degrees and work with those who have learning problems or developmental disabilities, it can be an even more rewarding career path. Some graduates will pursue careers in teaching, while others might choose administrative or counseling positions that utilize their education.
Special Education Schools
- Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Special Education
- M.A. in Autism Spectrum Disorders
- M.Ed. in Special Education: Cross-Categorical (Leads to initial teacher licensure) More...
- MS - Special Education Teaching
- MS - Instruction in the 1:1 Environment
- MS - Personalized Learning More...
Earn an NYU degree from anywhere in the country using our state-of-the-art online platform. You’ll attend live online classes, complete self-paced course work, and gain hands-on clinical experiences at field sites in or near your community.
- Master of Science in Communicative Sciences and Disorders
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: The Inclusive Classroom (SPED)
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Social Studies
- M.Ed. in Career and Technical Education More...
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University.
- Special Education - Doctor of Education
- Special Education - Master of Education
- Special Education - EdS More...
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals.
- Education Specialist in Instructional Design and Technology
- PhD in Instructional Design and Technology
- Master of Arts in Teaching
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
- Elementary Mathematics - Additional Endorsement - Certificate
- Secondary Mathematics - Additional Endorsement - Certificate
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education.
- B.S. in Child Studies
- Instructional Design & Technology