Special Education Degrees
Your online resource for Special Education Degrees and Career Information. Careers in special education are a special breed. It takes a certain kind of person to be able to work with those who are developmentally disabled in some capacity. They require extra care and teaching that goes above and beyond what a normal educator would offer. Training in special education requires typical educational training along with classes on how to handle disabled children and young adults, depending on the group that you prefer to teach. Sensitivity training is usually something that is required as additional training, along with instructional methods for teaching those who learn differently. Teachers will need to learn how to develop individualized education plans, or IEPs, for their students, as this is how most progress in special education is monitored. Teaching is a rewarding career as it is, but when people choose to get special education degrees and work with those who have learning problems or developmental disabilities, it can be an even more rewarding career path. Some graduates will pursue careers in teaching, while others might choose administrative or counseling positions that utilize their education.
Special Education Schools
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
- M.Ed. - Program Specialist in Gifted Specialist
- MA in Teaching - Special Education
- M.Ed. Teaching and Learning - Special Education More...
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University.
- Special Education - Doctor of Education
- Special Education - Master of Education
- Special Education - EdS More...
St. Thomas University offers fully online business and education graduate degrees built on a 50-year tradition of scholastic excellence, community leadership, and faith-focused values.
Founded by the Society of Jesus in 1851, Saint Joseph's University (SJU) has been developing the minds and abilities of men and women in a challenging academic environment steeped in the enriching Jesuit tradition of cura personalis (care of the entire person).
- Masters in Special Education
- MS in Special Education with Wilson Reading Certification
- Masters in Special Education - Autism More...
- M.A. Education with Preliminary Education Specialist Instruction Credential
- Preliminary Education Specialist Credential
- Multiple Subject English Learner Teaching Credential More...
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) recently received state approval to enroll students with little to no prior college experience. To help ensure student success, the university has created a program especially for these students who plan on starting their college experience for the first time with us.
- MS - Teaching and Learning
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals.
- Education Specialist in Instructional Design and Technology
- PhD in Instructional Design and Technology
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
- Elementary Mathematics - Additional Endorsement - Certificate
- Secondary Mathematics - Additional Endorsement - Certificate
- Instructional Design & Technology