American Sentinel University Announces Two Online Health Care Degrees
American Sentinel University (ASU) has announced two new health care degree options that align with the changing professional requirements in the field. The two degree programs are: Bachelor of Science in Health Informatics and Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) with specialization in Infection Prevention and Control. Both programs will be offerings available to current professionals in the field and, in the case of Health online degree Informatics, available to anyone interested in a health care career.
"The two fastest-growing industries for jobs today are technology and healthcare," said Catherine Garner, Dean of Health Sciences and Nursing at America Sentinel University. "Specialized healthcare degrees at the bachelors or masters level, such as health informatics or infection prevention and control, can greatly improve a practitioner's career options."
Health information management is becoming a central component of quality healthcare delivery. Patient files must be transferred in a timely and efficient manner every time a person changes health providers or is given a referral to a specialist. This bachelor's degree program will take medical billing and coding training far beyond the data entry level into data management. The Obama administration is committed to developing a national health information system to help streamline health care delivery; professionals with a degree in health informatics will be in a position to contribute.
The MSN degree in Nursing focused on Infection Prevention and Control is oriented to public health services. It is designed to provide management credentials to an RN who can help manage such issues as the current flu outbreak. Infection prevention and control also comes into play with public health issues such as exposure to toxic materials. Health care management in the face of a refinery fire or a chemical plant failure requires the skill to assess the potential damage and act accordingly.
On a smaller scale, infection prevention is an important function in hospitals and in long term care facilities. The trained epidemiologists who work in the field today can only cover a fraction of the facilities that require expertise in the field. Schools and large employment centers where workers are exposed to one another are prime breeding grounds for infection when there are no preventive measures in place.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Information Technology - Network Management More...
- Veterinary Assistant
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course
- Grooming Instruction
You’ve expressed interest in Blue Cliff College before, now we have online programs to better fit your busy lifestyle. Enroll now!
- Health Information/Medical Billing & Coding
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Leadership of Educational Organizations
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement More...
- Home Health Aide
- Security Guard
- Veterinary Assistant More...
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession.
- DBA - Global Operations and Supply Chain Management (ACBSP-accredited)
- EdS - Teacher Leader in Digital Transformation
- MS - Addiction Studies More...
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Ministry: Evangelism & Church Planting
- M.Div: Homiletics More...
- Veterinary Technology Alternate Route - Certificate
- Respiratory Therapy
- Veterinary Technology - Associates More...
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
- Bachelor of Arts in Applied Psychology/Forensic Psychology
- Master of Science in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Arts in Accounting More...