Arizona State University Launches First Online Undergraduate Law Program
Considering a law degree, but lacking the time or schedule to make traditional school a reality? You wouldn't be alone in your dilemma. Far from it, in fact, and an increasing number of traditional schools are creating online curricula to compliment new technology and accommodate our country's changing academic landscape. Arizona State University (ASU) is one such school, and this fall will be introducing an online legal degree to the repertoire at the university's Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law.
This program being freshly offered is the Bachelor of Science in Legal Studies (BSLS). What makes this particular degree program so special? Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law is the first law school in the United States to offer an undergraduate legal studies degree online -- a recognition that the school's dean does not take lightly.
Through the program, the school hopes to open up the world of law to a broader audience than ever before. College dean Paul Schiff Berman states, "As part of the College of Law's drive to develop a new model of public legal education for the 21st century, we are transforming the school into a multifaceted legal studies center that educates a wider cross section of the public, not just those who intend to become lawyers. This online bachelor's degree will make us the only law school in the country with a comprehensive program designed to train the next generation of legal and paralegal staff around the country."
This program is not the equivalent of a Juris Doctor degree, nor is it a pre-law prep course. Rather, it is a broadly-scoped degree meant to prepare students for careers within the law field, from paralegal to legal assistant, and how to better understand legal processes for more successful careers in business or administration or even social work. With this online degree, students can open the door to a vast landscape of options without having to give up a current career in the process.
- Business Administration (AS) (Online)
- Psychology (BA) (Online)
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online) More...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Information Technology - Network Management More...
- Veterinary Assistant
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course
- Grooming Instruction
You’ve expressed interest in Blue Cliff College before, now we have online programs to better fit your busy lifestyle. Enroll now!
- Health Information/Medical Billing & Coding
- Home Health Aide
- Security Guard
- Veterinary Assistant More...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Leadership of Educational Organizations
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement More...
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession.
- DBA - Global Operations and Supply Chain Management (ACBSP-accredited)
- EdS - Teacher Leader in Digital Transformation
- MS - Addiction Studies More...
Change the World with American University
Be a part of something bigger than yourself.
- Master of Science in Measurement & Evaluation
- Master of Science in Nutrition Education
- Master of Arts in Economics - Applied Economics More...
Become the leader you know you can be. The Forbes School of Business & TechnologyÒat Ashford University
- BA Sports and Recreation Management - Information Systems
- BA Public Relations and Marketing - Project Management
- MBA - Information Systems More...