Arizona State University MBA Program: Students Wanted
Arizona State University is on a mission, and it is looking for help around town. Their W.P. Carey School of Business is looking for new students to join a potential new MBA program, and according to The Arizona Republic, the school is looking for all the local help that it can get.
According to the article, the college is planning to offer an MBA degree program at their West campus, but that plan is not yet set in stone: it needs 35 students enrolled to make the program a reality. ASU's West campus has undergone a lot of changes within the recent past -- each change an effort to allay an $88 million deficit in the state college system. One significant change was a huge scaling back of the university's business school, merging their School of Global Management into the W.P. Carey School of Business. Designs were in the works to "reduce the West campus, along the Phoenix-Glendale line, to an undergraduate liberal arts school," but civic and business leaders in the area have been fighting back to keep business schools alive.
It is for this reason that ASU is reaching out to the community for interest. To open, the MBA program requires 35 students enrolled to open, and so far of the incoming ASU students enrolled at West campus, only 30-35 have shown an interest in any of the business majors -- "a pretty small number," says Amy Hillman, the college's executive dean. The school has not given up on its demand, though. Hillman is hopeful: "We are announcing we will offer (the MBA) out there if there is sufficient demand... We would love to see demand for our programs grow so we can offer all of our programs out there."
If reaching out helps and the quota can be met, the program will open in time for the 2010 school year.
- Business Administration (AS) (Online)
- Psychology (BA) (Online)
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online) More...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Information Technology - Network Management More...
- Veterinary Assistant
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course
- Grooming Instruction
Become the leader you know you can be. The Forbes School of Business & TechnologyÒat Ashford University
- BA Sports and Recreation Management - Information Systems
- BA Public Relations and Marketing - Project Management
- MBA - Information Systems More...
You’ve expressed interest in Blue Cliff College before, now we have online programs to better fit your busy lifestyle. Enroll now!
- Health Information/Medical Billing & Coding
- Home Health Aide
- Security Guard
- Veterinary Assistant More...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Leadership of Educational Organizations
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement More...
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession.
- DBA - Global Operations and Supply Chain Management (ACBSP-accredited)
- EdS - Teacher Leader in Digital Transformation
- MS - Addiction Studies More...
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals.
- PhD in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Nursing More...