Arkansas State Lottery Scholarship Program
Arkansas House Speaker Robbie Wills is trying to pass legislation to use state lottery revenues to create a new scholarship program.�� The House Speaker is recommending that the scholarship be for students who earn a minimum GPA of 2.5, and score a 19 or higher on the ACT.
In a nine-page memo sent to House members, Wills offered details on the legislation he said he hopes to file soon establishing the state-run lottery approved by voters last year and the scholarships it's intended to fund.
Many of the proposals Wills offered have been mentioned by legislative leaders, including creating an Arkansas Lottery Commission to establish and oversee the games. Wills also proposed that the commission would consist of nine members, three each appointed by the governor, House speaker and Senate president.
Many states use lottery revenues to supplement education budgets. The creation of a lottery sponsored scholarship fund would make it necessary to have a state lottery commission to oversee the funding and monies for this program.�� There would also have to be a committee to review applications and oversee the distribution of funds.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Information Technology - Network Management More...
- Veterinary Assistant
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course
- Grooming Instruction
- Home Health Aide
- Security Guard
- Veterinary Assistant More...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Leadership of Educational Organizations
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement More...
Ultimate Medical Academy (UMA) offers industry-relevant knowledge and training for in demand careers in healthcare.
- A.S. - Healthcare Information Technology
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S.- Health Sciences (Pharmacy Technician) More...
You’ve expressed interest in Blue Cliff College before, now we have online programs to better fit your busy lifestyle. Enroll now!
- Health Information/Medical Billing & Coding
Johns Hopkins University Carey Business School has brought the philosophy of business with humanity in mind to a part time format.
- Flexible MBA
- Flexible MBA - Entrepreneurship
- Flexible MBA - Management More...
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
- Bachelor of Arts in Applied Psychology/Forensic Psychology
- Master of Science in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Arts in Accounting More...
- B.A. Early Childhood Education
- B.A. Early Childhood Education with Dual Credential
- M.A. Education with Preliminary Education Specialist Instruction Credential More...