Boston College Students Go the Distance to Support the American Cancer Society
Across the country, college students regularly work for charitable causes through Greek organizations and other various campus service organizations.�� Students at Boston College for example raised a great deal of money last month for the American Cancer Society.
Some 1,150 Boston College students, staff and faculty raised $110,000 for the American Cancer Society by participating in the ACS' "Relay for Life" event held on campus earlier this month.
Relay for Life is the American Cancer Society's signature fundraising activity. Participants are sponsored by donors and organized by teams. Each team commits to having at least one of its members walking throughout the overnight event. At the BC event, a member of each of 86 teams was walking the Flynn Recreation Complex track from 6 p.m. Friday, Feb. 13, to 6 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 14.
Many Boston College students have been affected by cancer in one way or another.�� Participants in this event were there to support fellow students who are suffering from cancer, as well as those who have family members that have been stricken with the disease. It is a great show of support that over 1000 students participated in this event on their own time to raise money for the American Cancer Society.
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
- Elementary Mathematics - Additional Endorsement - Certificate
- Business Intelligence - MBA (Master's)
- Information Technology and Security - Bachelor More...
- Veterinary Assistant
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course
- Grooming Instruction
About Boise State University
Boise State University is a highly respected, public, metropolitan research university offering lifelong learning.
- Master of Business Administration
The University of North Florida is a nationally ranked university that offers a well-rounded education to students determined to make their mark and change the lives of others as well as their own.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- RN to BSN
About The University of Texas at Arlington
- M.Ed. In Curriculum and Instruction - Mathematics Education
- Master of Science in Nursing - Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- M.Ed. In Curriculum and Instruction - Science Education More...
You’ve expressed interest in Blue Cliff College before, now we have online programs to better fit your busy lifestyle. Enroll now!
- Health Information/Medical Billing & Coding
- AA - Healthcare Information Technology
- Diploma - Massage
- AA - Paralegal Studies More...