Childhood Cancer Survivors Offered Scholarships
The American Cancer Society's Mid-South Division has made scholarships available for young cancer survivors who want to earn their degree.�� Eligible candidates who have fought cancer may be awarded $1,000 scholarships toward higher education at accredited colleges or vocational schools.
"Childhood cancer survivors have faced incredible challenges and overcome them," said Angel Strange, quality of life director for the Mid-South Division of the American Cancer Society. "Awarding these scholarships is our way of saying congratulations on winning your fight and keep up the good work."
To be eligible, applicants must be under 25, have had a cancer diagnosis before age 21 and be a resident of Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Kentucky, Mississippi, Tennessee, or Floyd or Clark counties in Indiana and a United States citizen. Candidates must also have a GPA of at least 2.5 and been accepted to an accredited school.
The American Cancer Society has awarded over 1300 scholarships since the beginning of the program in 2000.�� This scholarship program was designed to demonstrate how the American Cancer Society offers assistance to cancer survivors.
Cancer Survivor Earns an Online Graduate Degree
- Psychology (BA) (Online)
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online) More...
- Veterinary Technology Alternate Route - Certificate
- Respiratory Therapy
- Veterinary Technology - Associates More...
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession.
- MS - Addiction Studies
- MS - School Counseling (CACREP-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Diabetes Nursing (CCNE-accredited) More...
Hofstra University is a private institution whose primary mission is to provide a quality education to its students in an environment that encourages, nurtures and supports learning through the free and open exchange of ideas for the betterment of humankind.
- Online Master of Arts in Health Law and Policy
- Online Master of Laws in Health Law and Policy
The Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs is Syracuse University’s home for innovative, interdisciplinary teaching and research in the social sciences, public policy, public administration, and international relations.
- Executive Master of Public Administration (Executive MPA)
- Associate of Arts in Business - Business Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Business - Organizational Leadership
- Master of Arts in Ministry - Practical Theology More...
Join the community of thought leaders at University of the Rockies. Pursue your graduate degree from the University’s School of Professional Psychology or School of Organizational Leadership.
- MA in Public Sociology
- Doctor of Psychology, Mediation & Conflict Resolution
- Doctor of Philosophy, Organizational Development and Leadership More...