Cornell Adds HR Certification to its Online Extension
Human resources professionals can now earn nine graduate credits from the Industrial and Labor Relations (ILR) School at Cornell University in fewer than nine months with ILR's new online Graduate Certificate in Human Resources Management. This concept is a valuable opportunity for people who find themselves in handling HR responsibilities for their employer without a formal human resources degree.
According to the Reuters story, "The online 'blended' format of the new program allows HR professionals to gain exposure to state-of-the-art thinking and network with classmates while avoiding travel costs��Graduate Certificate students will be able to customize their curriculum by choosing to concentrate in two of three specialization tracks in employee relations, engaging talent, and HR strategy; participating in an eight-week Graduate Certificate student-only cohort in business leadership skills." This certification program recognizes the importance of organizational management skills in the highly politicized world of labor relations.
In addition there are several formal lectures from ILR faculty, all of which is available to HR professionals working anywhere in the U.S. "Successful students will complete the program in as little as nine months having developed advanced human resources skills and mastered the techniques necessary to execute in a business environment. They will earn a Cornell credential worth nine credits towards a master's degree from the ILR School."
This is an example of a continuing education opportunity that matches an ongoing need in the business world. Even graduates with management degrees may find themselves at a loss when assigned to the specialized world of staff development, recruiting, training and production management - all of which can be HR functions today. Professionals working in the personnel field today don't have to obtain a completely new degree with certification programs like this, particularly one offered by an Ivy League school through its respected labor relations institute.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Information Technology - Network Management More...
- Veterinary Assistant
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course
- Grooming Instruction
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Leadership of Educational Organizations
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement More...
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Ministry: Evangelism & Church Planting
- M.Div: Homiletics More...
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession.
- DBA - Global Operations and Supply Chain Management (ACBSP-accredited)
- EdS - Teacher Leader in Digital Transformation
- MS - Addiction Studies More...
Congratulations! Your interest in Independence University is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Business Administration - Human Resources (BS)
- Business Management & Accounting (AAS)
- Business Administration - New Media Marketing (BS) More...
Study online with California University of Pennsylvania.
- Legal Studies - Homeland Security (Master of Science) - Online
- Wellness Coaching (Master of Science) - Online
- Dual Concentration: Performance Enhancement, Wellness Coaching (Master of Science) - Online More...
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University.
- International Business - D.B.A.
- Leadership in Higher Education - EdS
- MS Organizational Leadership - Nonprofit Management More...
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics