Dallas County Career Center Reintroduces HVAC Program
The laws of supply and demand are alive and well in Dallas, Texas: thanks to rising requests amongst the community, Dallas County's school board voted on, and approved, the reinstitution of an HVAC program at the county's Career Center for the 2009-2010 school year. Though a similar HVAC technician school was previously cut from the budget, a recent rise in unemployment has suggested a renewed need for such technical training programs.
[Career Center director Les] Abel reported at that time that there was the possibility that some of these unemployed workers would be interested in the HVAC program, which is not offered by the career center in Lebanon. Federal funds for the students could be available, especially since one of the companies was moving its operation overseas. This triggers action by the federal Trade Relocation System and the Work Investment Act, which would fund schooling for the adults.
At the regular monthly meeting Monday night, Abel stressed that he believes there is sufficient interest to reinstate the program, although he has no guarantees of how many students will be in the program. To break even on the cost, Abel said the program needs seven adult students and five high school students, and he believes this will happen. If it does, the school will receive instructional funding from the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, which will pay a portion of the teacher's salary.
Bringing back this HVAC program should prove to be of great benefit to the county, whose inhabitants were already starting to look out-of-town for similar programs. Do you see Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning in your future? Check out HVAC schools in your area or online at Get Degrees!
- Psychology (BA) (Online)
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online) More...
The Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs is Syracuse University’s home for innovative, interdisciplinary teaching and research in the social sciences, public policy, public administration, and international relations.
- Executive Master of Public Administration (Executive MPA)
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession.
- DBA - Global Operations and Supply Chain Management (ACBSP-accredited)
- EdS - Teacher Leader in Digital Transformation
- MS - Addiction Studies More...
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Ministry: Evangelism & Church Planting
- M.Div: Homiletics More...
Change the World with American University
Be a part of something bigger than yourself.
- Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Analytics and Mangement
- Master of Science in Measurement & Evaluation
- Master of Science in Nutrition Education More...
General Assembly is a pioneer in education and career transformation, specializing in today’s most in-demand skills.
- Digital Marketing (Part Time)
- User Experience Design (Full Time)