Distance Learning Brings Shark Dissection to Huntsville Students
Distance learning is going way beyond your average lectures these days, and its applications are only getting better and better. This week students in Huntsville, AL, got the privilege of observing a shark dissection "first hand," so to speak, thanks to distance learning program Education Television.
Through videoconferencing technology at their schools, kids watched Angela Moulton, education director at Huntsville's Sci-Quest, dissect a small shark at Education Television studios with host Tom Kennemer.
The technology allowed students to ask questions about the dissection by speaking into a microphone. The messages were fed to Moulton and Kennemer, who could respond to the questions for all the students to hear.
Students used technology as simple and widespread as telephones and televisions as part of a conference project that can only be described as state-of-the-art. Huntsville school officials were thrilled by the project's success and gave glowing recommendations of distance learning as a valuable tool in the classroom, referring to the application as "the future of learning."
- Veterinary Assistant
- Grooming Instruction
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course
Unitek College™ is a privately held vocational school dedicated to helping you gain the skills needed to advance your career or begin a brand new career.
- Bachelor of Science Nursing - RN to BSN
Communications@Simmons prepares students to become leaders who achieve their organizational, professional, and personal goals through a strategic integration of communications theory and practice.
- MS in Communication
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Associate of Science in Information Technology More...
- Preliminary Education Specialist Credential
- M.A. Education with Preliminary Multiple Subject Teaching Credential
- B.A. Human Development More...
Study online with University of Maryland at College Park.
- MBA - Finance
- MBA - Information Systems & Business Analytics
- MBA - Marketing More...
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning.
- Online Master of Arts in Counseling - Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CMHC)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Family Nurse Practitioner Certificate (MSN to FNP) More...
Wilkes University’s School of Nursing offers CCNE-accredited online degrees and certificate programs ideal for working health care professionals, instructed by experienced, respected faculty dedicated to mentoring and personalized support for every student.
- M.S. with Major in Nursing - Nursing Informatics
- RN to BS
- M.S. with Major in Nursing - Nursing Education More...