Distance Learning On the Rise in Colorado
Colorado Mountain College (CMC) is seeing a lot of growth lately. Not in the physical sense, however. Classrooms aren't getting overcrowded, and deans aren't scrambling to open any new lecture halls. Instead, it's all over the internet, as online course enrollment increases by 29% compared to the previous fall semester.
By the middle of September, over one thousand students were enrolled CMC's distance learning programs for the fall semester -- 268 more than last fall's numbers. There are many reasons one can speculate on for why the numbers have jumped, but the economy is certainly a top suspect. Many students are returning to school to brush up on skills to change or upgrade career path. "Certainly the difficult economy has brought more students to the college who are seeking further education or retraining," said College vice president Dale Yarrow, speaking to local newspaper Vail Daily about CMC's role in the matter. "We are trying to help meet that need with additional online classes."
Those needs are certainly being met: math and science degrees are reportedly popular, but the most in-demand degrees CMC offers are social science and business degrees. Another major contender is the college's new medical training program, which expects to see some heavy traffic this year.
Such an enrollment increase that big can prompt some major overhauls to meet growing student needs, and Colorado Mountain College (CMC) is on board to meet those needs with the addition of two new online associate degrees. Students can now earn now earn an Associate of Arts or an Associate of General Studies from their own home. Yarrow also addressed the necessity of online degree programs, saying "We have many students whose schedules do not allow them to attend classes in traditional formats... For those who need a fully online option, we are now able to meet that need."
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
- Elementary Mathematics - Additional Endorsement - Certificate
- Business Intelligence - MBA (Master's)
- Information Technology and Security - Bachelor More...
About The University of Texas at Arlington
- M.Ed. In Curriculum and Instruction - Mathematics Education
- Master of Science in Nursing - Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- M.Ed. In Curriculum and Instruction - Science Education More...
- Veterinary Assistant
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course
- Grooming Instruction
About Baylor University
Baylor is nationally-ranked as a research and academic institution by both U.S. News & World Report and Kiplinger’s.
- Master of Business Administration
You’ve expressed interest in Blue Cliff College before, now we have online programs to better fit your busy lifestyle. Enroll now!
- Health Information/Medical Billing & Coding
Work toward your graduate degree with New England College Online.
- Master of Science in Accounting - Forensic Accounting
- MS in Management/Project Management
- Master of Science in Accounting More...
- Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy
- Master of Science in Nursing - Womens Health Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice More...
The University of North Florida is a nationally ranked university that offers a well-rounded education to students determined to make their mark and change the lives of others as well as their own.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- RN to BSN