Distance Learning Widens Doors at BYU-Idaho
Historically, one of the biggest drawbacks of good colleges has been the small classes necessary to facilitate their quality -- the more a professor needs to stretch his or her personalized care and instruction, the more the class as a whole seems to suffer. This was the case at BYU-Idaho, with its nursing program only allowing for 32 candidates per semester.
But things are changing. Thanks to advancing technology, plus a promise made by the college to offer 20% of its classes online by 2012, BYU-Idaho is opening its doors a little wider to students participating in their classes via courses broadcast online.
In most classrooms the students you see are all you get, but not in Nursing 100 at BYU-Idaho.
In addition to the 42 students who attend the class, seven more join each session via the web.
"At first there's always a low murmur in the classroom," said Rexburg student Darren Ernst. "As time goes on we've gotten used to the interplay between the classrooms."
"It's like talking on the telephone only we have video to go with it," said Burley student Caitlin Johansen. The students see and hear everything that goes in the Rexburg classroom.
It may be a different way of experiencing a nursing program, but it is bringing huge opportunities to students who might otherwise have passed up a degree due to obligations or moving expenses. Once again, distance learning & online degrees is making it possible.
- Veterinary Assistant
- Grooming Instruction
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course
- Creative Writing, Master of Fine Arts (Online)
- Entertainment Business, Master of Science (Online)
- Audio Production Bachelors (Online) More...
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Associate of Science in Information Technology More...
Unitek College™ is a privately held vocational school dedicated to helping you gain the skills needed to advance your career or begin a brand new career.
- Bachelor of Science Nursing - RN to BSN
Study online with California University of Pennsylvania.
- Science and Technology Multidisciplinary Studies (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- Cybersecurity (Professional Science Masters) - Online
- Dual Concentration: Sport Psychology, Wellness Coaching (Master of Science) - Online More...
Communications@Simmons prepares students to become leaders who achieve their organizational, professional, and personal goals through a strategic integration of communications theory and practice.
- MS in Communication
- Veterinary Technology - Associates
- Respiratory Therapy
- Healthcare Management More...
- Master of Science in Information Security & Assurance Online
- Master of Business Administration Online
- Master of Arts in International Relations Online More...