Drexel University Introduces Gaming and Casino Operations Certificate
College students are no stranger to card games and poker nights, but rarely is it encouraged among college administrators as a viable career path... until now! According to Poker News Daily, Drexel University's Goodwin College of Professional Studies is adding a Gaming and Casino Operations Certificate program to its fall semester schedule.
The program will be offered in both an undergraduate and a graduate format, both of them available exclusively as online degrees. According to the article, the undergraduate version is an 18-credit program that will focus on technical and managerial functions relating to the gaming and casino industry, and is "designed for individuals who wish to operate or manage the dynamics of gaming enterprises." Lessons are set to cover the basics of hospitality management, plus topics like gaming industry legislation, gaming information systems, and other current issues affecting the industry. The coursework associated with this certificate program could be transferred as credit towards any bachelor degree program at Drexel.
Meanwhile, the graduate form of the program is six-courses long, designed with "part-time students" in mind. With a similar focus as the undergraduate program, it will cover many of the same topics, plus lessons in casino marketing and financial analysis. Also much like the undergraduate program, courses for the graduate certificate are able to be used toward Drexel's graduate level hospitality management degrees.
The fact that the two online programs are light on real estate doesn't mean that they're light on quality. Dr. Kenneth Hartman, Academic Director for Drexel University Online, says, "We're very proud to offer our students the outstanding Drexel curriculum within this convenient online format. All of our online programs, including our online Graduate Certificate in Gaming and Casino Operations, are taught by the same world-renowned faculty as our on-campus courses."
Have you put all your chips in a poker future? Is a pai gow table in your cards? This new program could be the perfect opportunity.
About The University of Texas at Arlington
- M.Ed. In Curriculum and Instruction - Mathematics Education
- Master of Science in Nursing - Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- M.Ed. In Curriculum and Instruction - Science Education More...
Work toward your graduate degree with New England College Online.
- Master of Science in Accounting - Forensic Accounting
- MS in Management/Project Management
- Master of Science in Accounting More...
- AA - Healthcare Information Technology
- Diploma - Massage
- AA - Paralegal Studies More...
About University of North Carolina Wilmington
To meet today’s high demand for nursing professionals UNCW is offering an accredited Bachelor of Science in Nursing program completely online.
- MSN Nurse Educator
- RN to BSN
About Baylor University
Baylor is nationally-ranked as a research and academic institution by both U.S. News & World Report and Kiplinger’s.
- Master of Business Administration
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Leadership of Educational Organizations
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement More...
One of the world's leading private research institutions, the University of Southern California (USC) was founded in 1880.
- Online Master of Management in Library and Information Science - Urban Public Librarianship
- Online Master of Management in Library and Information Science - Academic Librarianship
- Master of Public Administration More...
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Master of Arts in Counseling - Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CMHC) More...