Drexel University Introduces Gaming and Casino Operations Certificate
College students are no stranger to card games and poker nights, but rarely is it encouraged among college administrators as a viable career path... until now! According to Poker News Daily, Drexel University's Goodwin College of Professional Studies is adding a Gaming and Casino Operations Certificate program to its fall semester schedule.
The program will be offered in both an undergraduate and a graduate format, both of them available exclusively as online degrees. According to the article, the undergraduate version is an 18-credit program that will focus on technical and managerial functions relating to the gaming and casino industry, and is "designed for individuals who wish to operate or manage the dynamics of gaming enterprises." Lessons are set to cover the basics of hospitality management, plus topics like gaming industry legislation, gaming information systems, and other current issues affecting the industry. The coursework associated with this certificate program could be transferred as credit towards any bachelor degree program at Drexel.
Meanwhile, the graduate form of the program is six-courses long, designed with "part-time students" in mind. With a similar focus as the undergraduate program, it will cover many of the same topics, plus lessons in casino marketing and financial analysis. Also much like the undergraduate program, courses for the graduate certificate are able to be used toward Drexel's graduate level hospitality management degrees.
The fact that the two online programs are light on real estate doesn't mean that they're light on quality. Dr. Kenneth Hartman, Academic Director for Drexel University Online, says, "We're very proud to offer our students the outstanding Drexel curriculum within this convenient online format. All of our online programs, including our online Graduate Certificate in Gaming and Casino Operations, are taught by the same world-renowned faculty as our on-campus courses."
Have you put all your chips in a poker future? Is a pai gow table in your cards? This new program could be the perfect opportunity.
Our Lady of the Lake University is a private, Catholic university with a deep connection to the history and community of San Antonio.
- Master of Social Work (MSW) Degree
Purdue University offers a strong foundation of tradition and history.
- Master of Science in Communication
- Master of Science in Education in Special Education
- Master of Science in Hospitality and Tourism Management More...
Iowa Wesleyan University is a transformational learning community whose passion is to educate, empower and inspire students to lead meaningful lives and careers.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- RN to BSN More...
Join the community of thought leaders at University of the Rockies. Pursue your graduate degree from the University’s School of Professional Psychology or School of Organizational Leadership.
- MA in Public Sociology
- Doctor of Psychology, Mediation & Conflict Resolution
- Doctor of Philosophy, Organizational Development and Leadership More...
The University of California, Riverside
Transforming Engineers into Leaders
If you’re seeking to elevate your technical expertise and take on leadership roles in today’s global workplace, the UC Riverside online Master of Science in Engineering can deliver the highly calibrated balance of scientific and business knowledge to help you reach your goals.
- M.S. in Engineering, Materials at the Nanoscale Specialization
- M.S. in Engineering, Data Science Specialization
- M.S. in Engineering, Electrical Engineering (Power Systems) Specialization More...
Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a four-year, private university located in west St. Louis County.
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)-Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP)
- Online Master of Business Administration Supply Chain Management/Logistics Concentration
- Online Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) More...
- Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy
- Master of Science in Nursing - Womens Health Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice More...
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) recently received state approval to enroll students with little to no prior college experience. To help ensure student success, the university has created a program especially for these students who plan on starting their college experience for the first time with us.
- Master - Professional Accounting
- MS - Teaching and Learning
- Master - Information Technology Management More...