Drexel University Introduces Two Accelerated Healthcare Degrees
Physician assistants and physical therapists are two of the jobs in the health-care industry most in demand these days, but the education for either specialty typically requires a seven-year commitment for college students in traditional programs.
Licensure for professional physical therapists requires a degree in physical therapy at the master's level and includes a substantial number of clinical hours in order to achieve it. A physician assistant degree is also a master's program plus, in that it is generally a three year program including hundreds of hours spent on site in a hospital or outpatient clinic.
Drexel University's nursing school has a program that shaves a year off the time needed for an undergraduate degree in either profession. Called the Pathways to Health Professions, it provides for accelerated learning utilizing summer sessions and a co-op program that involves full, a six month period of full, paid employment in the related field of study. Dr. Michael Kennedy, Pathways' program director, said the co-op element�� has helped Pathways compete with accelerated degree programs both locally and nationally.
Along with these new additions to their academic catalogue, the Drexel College of Nursing and Health Professions also offers the Accelerated Career Entry Nursing Program, which facilitates the attainment of a BSN in 11 months for those who have earned a bachelors degree in another field and who wish to change careers.
Drexel also offers online degrees for nurses that want to complete a bachelor's or master's program. Thousands of nurses are pursuing BSN or MSN degrees in order to qualify for management positions in their profession, or to specialize in certain areas such as anesthesia and oncology.
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession.
- MS - Addiction Studies
- MS - School Counseling (CACREP-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Diabetes Nursing (CCNE-accredited) More...
Join the community of thought leaders at University of the Rockies. Pursue your graduate degree from the University’s School of Professional Psychology or School of Organizational Leadership.
- MA in Public Sociology
- Doctor of Psychology, Mediation & Conflict Resolution
- Doctor of Philosophy, Organizational Development and Leadership More...
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University.
- International Business - D.B.A.
- Leadership in Higher Education - EdS
- MS Organizational Leadership - Nonprofit Management More...
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
- Elementary Mathematics - Additional Endorsement - Certificate
- Business Intelligence - MBA (Master's)
- Information Technology and Security - Bachelor More...
A Rutgers business education prepares students for success – not just in their chosen fields but also in their lives.
- Online MS in Supply Chain Management
- Master of Governmental Accounting (Online)
Since 1888, The University of Scranton has grounded its education in Catholic and Jesuit principles based on intellectual growth and integrity, all of which shape the online master’s and certificate programs.
- MBA - Operations Management
- Master of Accountancy
- Master of Business Administration More...
The Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs is Syracuse University’s home for innovative, interdisciplinary teaching and research in the social sciences, public policy, public administration, and international relations.
- Executive Master of Public Administration (Executive MPA)
Saint Xavier University, Chicago’s oldest Catholic university, has a long history of educating students to prepare them for professional success and lay the foundation for personal fulfillment.
- MSN in Clinical Leadership
- MSN in Executive Leadership
- MS in Finance
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals.
- PhD in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - International Business More...