Drexel University Introduces Two Accelerated Healthcare Degrees
Physician assistants and physical therapists are two of the jobs in the health-care industry most in demand these days, but the education for either specialty typically requires a seven-year commitment for college students in traditional programs.
Licensure for professional physical therapists requires a degree in physical therapy at the master's level and includes a substantial number of clinical hours in order to achieve it. A physician assistant degree is also a master's program plus, in that it is generally a three year program including hundreds of hours spent on site in a hospital or outpatient clinic.
Drexel University's nursing school has a program that shaves a year off the time needed for an undergraduate degree in either profession. Called the Pathways to Health Professions, it provides for accelerated learning utilizing summer sessions and a co-op program that involves full, a six month period of full, paid employment in the related field of study. Dr. Michael Kennedy, Pathways' program director, said the co-op element�� has helped Pathways compete with accelerated degree programs both locally and nationally.
Along with these new additions to their academic catalogue, the Drexel College of Nursing and Health Professions also offers the Accelerated Career Entry Nursing Program, which facilitates the attainment of a BSN in 11 months for those who have earned a bachelors degree in another field and who wish to change careers.
Drexel also offers online degrees for nurses that want to complete a bachelor's or master's program. Thousands of nurses are pursuing BSN or MSN degrees in order to qualify for management positions in their profession, or to specialize in certain areas such as anesthesia and oncology.
- Business Administration (AS) (Online)
- Psychology (BA) (Online)
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online) More...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Information Technology - Network Management More...
- Veterinary Assistant
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course
- Grooming Instruction
You’ve expressed interest in Blue Cliff College before, now we have online programs to better fit your busy lifestyle. Enroll now!
- Health Information/Medical Billing & Coding
- Home Health Aide
- Security Guard
- Veterinary Assistant More...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Leadership of Educational Organizations
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement More...
Become the leader you know you can be. The Forbes School of Business & TechnologyÒat Ashford University
- BA Sports and Recreation Management - Information Systems
- BA Public Relations and Marketing - Project Management
- MBA - Information Systems More...
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession.
- DBA - Global Operations and Supply Chain Management (ACBSP-accredited)
- EdS - Teacher Leader in Digital Transformation
- MS - Addiction Studies More...
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Ministry: Evangelism & Church Planting
- M.Div: Homiletics More...