Eastern Kentucky University Offers Graduate Program in Loss Prevention
Eastern Kentucky University (EKU) has teamed up with The Loss Prevention Foundation before, to bring students an undergraduate loss prevention Certification program. Now, they are teaming up once more to introduce a new program in the world of criminal justice degrees.
Security Director News reports that, as of July 14, graduates of the previous certification program will be eligible for a brand new graduate-level loss prevention program at EKU, this one focusing on safety, security and emergency management. The program consists of assignments and a research paper, counts for academic credit at EKU, and is available both on campus and as an online degree. It is expected to appeal to "loss prevention professionals employed by major retailers," coming in to sharpen and expand on their skills -- while the undergrad course qualifies students for entry level positions in the field, the new graduate course is designed for loss prevention professionals with upward ambitions.
Gene Smith, president of the Loss Prevention Foundation, hopes that the new program will help raise awareness of loss prevention as a profession and a viable career. "We haven't done a very good job in the industry of marketing ourselves to the academic communities," he says, and his foundation is trying to rectify this with new programs and scholarships for students interested in the private sector side of loss prevention. The ideal end result: a shift in the way people think about loss prevention. "Most people get into the industry by chance," says Smith, "and we're trying to change that."
Work toward your graduate degree with New England College Online.
- Master of Science in Accounting - Forensic Accounting
- MS in Management/Project Management
- Master of Science in Accounting More...
- Veterinary Assistant
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course
- Grooming Instruction
About Boise State University
Boise State University is a highly respected, public, metropolitan research university offering lifelong learning.
- Master of Business Administration
About University of North Carolina Wilmington
To meet today’s high demand for nursing professionals UNCW is offering an accredited Bachelor of Science in Nursing program completely online.
- MSN Nurse Educator
- RN to BSN
About The University of Texas at Arlington
- M.Ed. In Curriculum and Instruction - Mathematics Education
- Master of Science in Nursing - Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- M.Ed. In Curriculum and Instruction - Science Education More...
- AA - Healthcare Information Technology
- Diploma - Massage
- AA - Paralegal Studies More...
As home sales increase, you can be ready to launch a new career. Allied’s real estate programs provide the perfect way to start a professional career - one with unlimited opportunity! Put yourself at the forefront of the real estate field as a salesperson, broker or appraiser.
- California Real Estate License
- Virginia Real Estate License
- Nevada Real Estate License More...
One of the world's leading private research institutions, the University of Southern California (USC) was founded in 1880.
- Online Master of Management in Library and Information Science - Urban Public Librarianship
- Online Master of Management in Library and Information Science - Academic Librarianship
- Master of Public Administration More...