Eastern Kentucky University Offers Graduate Program in Loss Prevention
Eastern Kentucky University (EKU) has teamed up with The Loss Prevention Foundation before, to bring students an undergraduate loss prevention Certification program. Now, they are teaming up once more to introduce a new program in the world of criminal justice degrees.
Security Director News reports that, as of July 14, graduates of the previous certification program will be eligible for a brand new graduate-level loss prevention program at EKU, this one focusing on safety, security and emergency management. The program consists of assignments and a research paper, counts for academic credit at EKU, and is available both on campus and as an online degree. It is expected to appeal to "loss prevention professionals employed by major retailers," coming in to sharpen and expand on their skills -- while the undergrad course qualifies students for entry level positions in the field, the new graduate course is designed for loss prevention professionals with upward ambitions.
Gene Smith, president of the Loss Prevention Foundation, hopes that the new program will help raise awareness of loss prevention as a profession and a viable career. "We haven't done a very good job in the industry of marketing ourselves to the academic communities," he says, and his foundation is trying to rectify this with new programs and scholarships for students interested in the private sector side of loss prevention. The ideal end result: a shift in the way people think about loss prevention. "Most people get into the industry by chance," says Smith, "and we're trying to change that."
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession.
- DBA - Global Operations and Supply Chain Management (ACBSP-accredited)
- EdS - Teacher Leader in Digital Transformation
- MS - Addiction Studies More...
Join the community of thought leaders at University of the Rockies. Pursue your graduate degree from the University’s School of Professional Psychology or School of Organizational Leadership.
- MA in Public Sociology
- Doctor of Psychology, Mediation & Conflict Resolution
- Doctor of Philosophy, Organizational Development and Leadership More...
- Veterinary Technology Alternate Route - Certificate
- Respiratory Therapy
- Veterinary Technology - Associates More...
- Master of Public Administration Online
- Master of Arts in International Relations Online
- Master of Civil Engineering Online More...
Change the World with American University
Be a part of something bigger than yourself.
- Master of Science in Measurement & Evaluation
- Master of Science in Nutrition Education
- Master of Arts in Economics - Applied Economics More...
The MSW@USC is the first top-ranked MSW program offered nationally. Many online programs are limited to certain geographic areas or the availability of courses, making it necessary to travel to campus. Our program can be completed from virtually anywhere without the need to relocate to Southern California.
- Doctor of Social Work
- Master of Social Work
Founded in 1766, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher learning.
- Online Master of Social Work
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions.
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Associate of Science in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice More...
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Common Core State Standards Instructional Leader
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: The Inclusive Classroom (SPED)
- Higher Education (EDD) More...
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Legal Studies - Homeland Security (Master of Science) - Online
- Wellness Coaching (Master of Science) - Online
- Dual Concentration: Performance Enhancement, Wellness Coaching (Master of Science) - Online More...