Fabricators & Manufacturers Association Foundation Scholarship
There are more and more industry specific scholarships available these day.�� And not all of them are necessarily for the kind of student on a four year track for a bachelors degree. Were you a big fan of metal shop in high school? well, if you have ever considered a career in metal fabrication, welding or industrial engineering, the Fabricators & Manufacturers Association (FMA) Foundation is offering a scholarship that might be right up your alley.
The Fabricators & Manufacturers Association (FMA) Foundation and software provider SolidWorks Corp. announce the "GO-Brennan" Scholarships, tied to FMA's sponsorship of 17-year-old stock car driver Brennan Palmiter's 2009 racing season. Palmiter is proficient in four types of welding, a skill he uses to motivate other young people to consider the industrial trades as a career choice.
Palmiter appears in a video on YouTube inviting high school, trade school and college students to apply for the scholarships by posting their own video. In the video, Palmiter states, "Make it a mission to claim your tuition and gear up for a great career in manufacturing."
To qualify for the competition, students must plan to attend a trade school or two-year community college this fall for classes in welding or other metal fabricating processes. To enter, students simply make a one-minute video explaining why they want to be in manufacturing, what career they seek and where they plan to attend school. They also are encouraged to include footage of themselves welding or building with metal. The deadline to post videos is April 3 and winners will be notified by April 20.
Recipeints of this scholarship will receive a cash prize to put towards the cost of their education.�� In addition to the money,�� they will also receved CAD software, student design software, and a welders helmet.�� You can find out more at www.nutsandboltsfoundation.org.
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession.
- MS - Addiction Studies
- MS - School Counseling (CACREP-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Diabetes Nursing (CCNE-accredited) More...
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
- Elementary Mathematics - Additional Endorsement - Certificate
- Business Intelligence - MBA (Master's)
- Information Technology and Security - Bachelor More...
Founded in 1766, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher learning.
- Online Master of Social Work
- Online Master of Information
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing
You can advance your career with a degree from Charter College Online.
- Certificate - Medical Office Administrative Assistant
- Certificate - Business Office Administration
- Certificate - Computer Technician
- Veterinary Technology Alternate Route - Certificate
- Respiratory Therapy
- Veterinary Technology - Associates More...
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals.
- PhD in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - International Business More...
Located in the heart of Washington, D.C. the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University is dedicated to advancing the health of local, national and global communities.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree to be qualified for this school.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
- Master of Public Health
Hofstra University is a private institution whose primary mission is to provide a quality education to its students in an environment that encourages, nurtures and supports learning through the free and open exchange of ideas for the betterment of humankind.
- Online Master of Arts in Health Law and Policy
- Online Master of Laws in Health Law and Policy
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Legal Studies - Homeland Security (Master of Science) - Online
- Wellness Coaching (Master of Science) - Online
- Dual Concentration: Performance Enhancement, Wellness Coaching (Master of Science) - Online More...