Florida Community Colleges Retooling Curriculum
Gulf Coast Community College in Florida recently announced three new academic programs bases on careful deliberation by the Board of Trustees and on a survey conducted by the Hanover Research Company on the workforce need/degree gap in the area. One of the options is a bachelor's degree, which means that twenty out of twenty eight Florida Community Colleges now offer some sort of four year degree. While there has been a great deal of discussion on this role for community colleges, the Florida system has in large part implemented it.
Gulf Coast is making its entrance into the bachelors degree market with a program for technology and IT degrees. There will be two areas of concentration, one in information technology and one in control engineering technology. The other options that are new to the Gulf Coast catalogue include a technical certificate in Sustainable Design Technology, which is a follow up to the Alternative Energy Engineering Technology Certificate, both of which sound similar to some of the engineering technician degrees offered by other institutions.
Also new to the Gulf Coast offerings is a diploma program for pharmacy technician. Despite the fact that Florida State University also has a Pharmacy Technician program, the two schools are working in concert with some of the teaching being provided by FSU faculty.
Between the degree programs at FSU and the diploma program at Gulf Coast CC, Florida students have options from what is in effect a pharmacy technician school utilizing two campuses. It's an excellent example of traditional institutions working together on the need to meet workforce renewal, rather than battling for turf. No doubt Gulf Coast will be expanding its degree programs for active job markets in the future, hopefully continuing to do so in conjunction with new programs offered through the state university system. (see Online degree programs)
- Veterinary Technology Alternate Route - Certificate
- Respiratory Therapy
- Veterinary Technology - Associates More...
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession.
- MS - Addiction Studies
- MS - School Counseling (CACREP-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Diabetes Nursing (CCNE-accredited) More...
Join the community of thought leaders at University of the Rockies. Pursue your graduate degree from the University’s School of Professional Psychology or School of Organizational Leadership.
- MA in Public Sociology
- Doctor of Psychology, Mediation & Conflict Resolution
- Doctor of Philosophy, Organizational Development and Leadership More...
Become the leader you know you can be. The Forbes School of Business & TechnologyÒat Ashford University
- BA Sports and Recreation Management - Information Systems
- BA Public Relations and Marketing - Project Management
- MBA - Information Systems More...
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University.
- International Business - D.B.A.
- Leadership in Higher Education - EdS
- MS Organizational Leadership - Nonprofit Management More...
Saint Xavier University, Chicago’s oldest Catholic university, has a long history of educating students to prepare them for professional success and lay the foundation for personal fulfillment.
- MSN in Clinical Leadership
- MSN in Executive Leadership
- MS in Finance
A Rutgers business education prepares students for success – not just in their chosen fields but also in their lives.
- Online MS in Supply Chain Management
- Master of Governmental Accounting (Online)
- Associate of Arts in Business - Business Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Business - Organizational Leadership
- Master of Arts in Ministry - Practical Theology More...
Founded in 1766, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher learning.
- Online Master of Social Work
- Online Master of Information
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing