Florida Community Colleges Retooling Curriculum
Gulf Coast Community College in Florida recently announced three new academic programs bases on careful deliberation by the Board of Trustees and on a survey conducted by the Hanover Research Company on the workforce need/degree gap in the area. One of the options is a bachelor's degree, which means that twenty out of twenty eight Florida Community Colleges now offer some sort of four year degree. While there has been a great deal of discussion on this role for community colleges, the Florida system has in large part implemented it.
Gulf Coast is making its entrance into the bachelors degree market with a program for technology and IT degrees. There will be two areas of concentration, one in information technology and one in control engineering technology. The other options that are new to the Gulf Coast catalogue include a technical certificate in Sustainable Design Technology, which is a follow up to the Alternative Energy Engineering Technology Certificate, both of which sound similar to some of the engineering technician degrees offered by other institutions.
Also new to the Gulf Coast offerings is a diploma program for pharmacy technician. Despite the fact that Florida State University also has a Pharmacy Technician program, the two schools are working in concert with some of the teaching being provided by FSU faculty.
Between the degree programs at FSU and the diploma program at Gulf Coast CC, Florida students have options from what is in effect a pharmacy technician school utilizing two campuses. It's an excellent example of traditional institutions working together on the need to meet workforce renewal, rather than battling for turf. No doubt Gulf Coast will be expanding its degree programs for active job markets in the future, hopefully continuing to do so in conjunction with new programs offered through the state university system. (see Online degree programs)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Information Technology - Network Management More...
- Veterinary Assistant
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course
- Grooming Instruction
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession.
- DBA - Global Operations and Supply Chain Management (ACBSP-accredited)
- EdS - Teacher Leader in Digital Transformation
- MS - Addiction Studies More...
One of the world's leading private research institutions, the University of Southern California (USC) was founded in 1880.
- Online Master of Management in Library and Information Science - Urban Public Librarianship
- Online Master of Management in Library and Information Science - Academic Librarianship
- Master of Public Administration More...
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction Equity, Ethics, and Justice
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Common Core State Standards Instructional Leader
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: The Inclusive Classroom (SPED) More...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration (AS) (Online)
- Psychology (BA) (Online)
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online) More...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Leadership of Educational Organizations
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement More...
Johns Hopkins University Carey Business School has brought the philosophy of business with humanity in mind to a part time format.
- Flexible MBA
- Flexible MBA - Entrepreneurship
- Flexible MBA - Management More...
Join the community of thought leaders at University of the Rockies. Pursue your graduate degree from the University’s School of Professional Psychology or School of Organizational Leadership.
- MA in Public Sociology
- Doctor of Psychology, Mediation & Conflict Resolution
- Doctor of Philosophy, Organizational Development and Leadership More...