Former Nonprofit Director Wins Social Work Lifetime Achievement Award
This week, Ohio's chapter of the National Association of Social Workers held their annual awards banquet. Many were honored including Eva Brown, who took home the association's 2009 Lifetime Achievement Award for her extensive and decade-spanning dedication to the field of social work and adequate mental health care for children and the underprivileged.
Prior to her retirement in February as executive director for Trillium Family Solutions in Canton, Brown worked for four decades in social work. She was at Trillium for the past 24 years. Prior to that, she worked in executive positions in agencies in Tuscarawas and Franklin counties. She was instrumental in the development of the Big Brother Big Sister and was part of the development of Harbor House in Tuscarawas County.
In addition to Brown's achievements, several others received awards and recognitions of achievement, including Erin Lynn Cusack and Mary L. Stoudenmire, both named Student of the Year for their outstanding accomplishments and service efforts while earning their social work degrees.
Cusack is completing her master's of social work degree at University of Akron. Her area of research and study has been in substance abuse and chemical dependency. She has worked at IMPACT (a drug and alcohol dependency program) and at the Crisis Center in Canton.
Stoudenmire attends Malone University. She has worked with Neighbors Helping Neighbors, FACES of Stark County and Salvation Army. She also has worked at Trillium Family Solutions with the Adult Protective Services program. And she has worked as a course assistant within Malone's social work program, helping with statistical analysis towards the reaffirmation visit from the Council on Social Work Education. Finally, Stoudenmire served as Region 8 representative to the state program planning and budget committee of the National Association of Social Workers in Ohio. She will attend Case Western Reserve University next year. She plans to specialize in gerontology with a research emphasis on elder caregivers.
If you're interested in getting your own social work degree online or traditionally, check out what GetDegrees has to offer.
Phd in Social Work
- Creative Writing, Master of Fine Arts (Online)
- Entertainment Business, Master of Science (Online)
- Audio Production Bachelors (Online) More...
- Veterinary Assistant
- Grooming Instruction
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course
- Bachelor of Science, Digital Filmmaking (Online)
- Bachelor of Science, Graphic Design (Online)
- Associate of Science, Music Production (Online) More...
Unitek College™ is a privately held vocational school dedicated to helping you gain the skills needed to advance your career or begin a brand new career.
- Bachelor of Science Nursing - RN to BSN
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Associate of Science in Information Technology More...
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education.
- B.S. in Marketing
- B.S. in Finance / Corporate Finance
- Certificate: Paralegal (Legal Studies) More...
NU has been educating leaders since 1934 at our campus near Seattle. If you have a dream, we can help make it possible.
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Management
- Master's in Education
- Associate in Ministry Leadership More...
Study online with California University of Pennsylvania.
- Science and Technology Multidisciplinary Studies (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- Cybersecurity (Professional Science Masters) - Online
- Dual Concentration: Sport Psychology, Wellness Coaching (Master of Science) - Online More...
The MSW@USC is the first top-ranked MSW program offered nationally. Many online programs are limited to certain geographic areas or the availability of courses, making it necessary to travel to campus. Our program can be completed from virtually anywhere without the need to relocate to Southern California.
- Master of Social Work