Former Nonprofit Director Wins Social Work Lifetime Achievement Award
This week, Ohio's chapter of the National Association of Social Workers held their annual awards banquet. Many were honored including Eva Brown, who took home the association's 2009 Lifetime Achievement Award for her extensive and decade-spanning dedication to the field of social work and adequate mental health care for children and the underprivileged.
Prior to her retirement in February as executive director for Trillium Family Solutions in Canton, Brown worked for four decades in social work. She was at Trillium for the past 24 years. Prior to that, she worked in executive positions in agencies in Tuscarawas and Franklin counties. She was instrumental in the development of the Big Brother Big Sister and was part of the development of Harbor House in Tuscarawas County.
In addition to Brown's achievements, several others received awards and recognitions of achievement, including Erin Lynn Cusack and Mary L. Stoudenmire, both named Student of the Year for their outstanding accomplishments and service efforts while earning their social work degrees.
Cusack is completing her master's of social work degree at University of Akron. Her area of research and study has been in substance abuse and chemical dependency. She has worked at IMPACT (a drug and alcohol dependency program) and at the Crisis Center in Canton.
Stoudenmire attends Malone University. She has worked with Neighbors Helping Neighbors, FACES of Stark County and Salvation Army. She also has worked at Trillium Family Solutions with the Adult Protective Services program. And she has worked as a course assistant within Malone's social work program, helping with statistical analysis towards the reaffirmation visit from the Council on Social Work Education. Finally, Stoudenmire served as Region 8 representative to the state program planning and budget committee of the National Association of Social Workers in Ohio. She will attend Case Western Reserve University next year. She plans to specialize in gerontology with a research emphasis on elder caregivers.
If you're interested in getting your own social work degree online or traditionally, check out what GetDegrees has to offer.
Phd in Social Work
- Veterinary Technology Alternate Route - Certificate
- Respiratory Therapy
- Veterinary Technology - Associates More...
Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a four-year, private university located in west St. Louis County.
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)-Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP)
- Online Master of Business Administration Supply Chain Management/Logistics Concentration
- Online Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) More...
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession.
- MS - Addiction Studies
- MS - School Counseling (CACREP-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Diabetes Nursing (CCNE-accredited) More...
Saint Xavier University, Chicago’s oldest Catholic university, has a long history of educating students to prepare them for professional success and lay the foundation for personal fulfillment.
- MSN in Clinical Leadership
- MSN in Executive Leadership
- MS in Finance
You can advance your career with a degree from Charter College Online.
- Certificate - Medical Office Administrative Assistant
- Certificate - Business Office Administration
- Certificate - Computer Technician
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Common Core State Standards Instructional Leader
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: The Inclusive Classroom (SPED)
- Higher Education (EDD) More...
Change the World with American University
Be a part of something bigger than yourself.
- Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Analytics and Mangement
- Master of Science in Measurement & Evaluation
- Master of Science in Nutrition Education More...
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University.
- International Business - D.B.A.
- Leadership in Higher Education - EdS
- MS Organizational Leadership - Nonprofit Management More...