Heald College Sold to Neighboring Corinthian College
Corinthian College, a five campus operation in California, has acquired its venerable West Coast neighbor Heald College. While Corinthian's academic offerings are limited at this point to diplomas in vocational training, Heald has an interesting history and an impressive lineup of accredited associate degrees.
Founded in 1863, Heald was for generations a secretarial school, providing occupational training for young ladies in San Francisco and neighboring cities. Today it offers several associate programs, all of which have the highest possible accreditation for a college or university through the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. They currently operate nine campuses in California, one in Portland, Oregon and one in Hawaii.
Heald's catalogue of associate degree programs is focused in high growth career opportunities. Their latest addition is an associate's in business with emphasis on construction management. Their technology department has two levels of Cisco Certification Training as well as certification options in Windows and Oracle technologies. You can also obtain a two-year network administration degree or opt for a degree in network security.
One of the biggest assets that Heald brought to this transaction is the fact that they have just received accreditation from the same organization that granted them campus recognition to offer their degrees through distance learning programs. Heald is an unusual example of a school that was established as a vocational training facility and has built both brand recognition and credibility over a 146 year history.
Many private, for-profit schools that seek online accreditation have to start from the beginning in developing credibility for their academic offerings. Heald has a history of capable service that dates back to the Civil War. For that reason, their request for online accreditation was made by an established and respected institution which faced far fewer hurdles in clearing its online program than schools with fifteen or twenty years' history. Blanket accreditation is unusual, and that's probably why Corinthian paid $395 million for a school with eleven campuses, 12,500 students and a new online program.
At Animal Behavior College (ABC), we're dedicated to helping animal lovers pursue animal careers.
- Cat Training
- Veterinary Assistant
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course More...
- Home Health Aide
- Security Guard
- Veterinary Assistant More...
One of the world's leading private research institutions, the University of Southern California (USC) was founded in 1880.
- Online Master of Management in Library and Information Science - Urban Public Librarianship
- Online Master of Management in Library and Information Science - Academic Librarianship
- Master of Public Administration More...
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession.
- DBA - Global Operations and Supply Chain Management (ACBSP-accredited)
- EdS - Teacher Leader in Digital Transformation
- MS - Addiction Studies More...
- Master of Public Administration Online
- Master of Arts in International Relations Online
- Master of Civil Engineering Online More...
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University.
- International Business - D.B.A.
- Leadership in Higher Education - EdS
- MS Organizational Leadership - Nonprofit Management More...
- Veterinary Technology Alternate Route - Certificate
- Respiratory Therapy
- Veterinary Technology - Associates More...
Saint Xavier University, Chicago’s oldest Catholic university, has a long history of educating students to prepare them for professional success and lay the foundation for personal fulfillment.
- MSN in Clinical Leadership
- MSN in Executive Leadership
- MS in Finance
A nationally recognized leader in online education, Lamar University online tailors the on-campus degree program to a flexible, affordable format for busy professionals.
- Bachelor of Applied Arts & Sciences
- Bachelor of General Studies
- Registered Nurse to Master of Science in Nursing (RN to MSN) More...