Heald College Sold to Neighboring Corinthian College
Corinthian College, a five campus operation in California, has acquired its venerable West Coast neighbor Heald College. While Corinthian's academic offerings are limited at this point to diplomas in vocational training, Heald has an interesting history and an impressive lineup of accredited associate degrees.
Founded in 1863, Heald was for generations a secretarial school, providing occupational training for young ladies in San Francisco and neighboring cities. Today it offers several associate programs, all of which have the highest possible accreditation for a college or university through the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. They currently operate nine campuses in California, one in Portland, Oregon and one in Hawaii.
Heald's catalogue of associate degree programs is focused in high growth career opportunities. Their latest addition is an associate's in business with emphasis on construction management. Their technology department has two levels of Cisco Certification Training as well as certification options in Windows and Oracle technologies. You can also obtain a two-year network administration degree or opt for a degree in network security.
One of the biggest assets that Heald brought to this transaction is the fact that they have just received accreditation from the same organization that granted them campus recognition to offer their degrees through distance learning programs. Heald is an unusual example of a school that was established as a vocational training facility and has built both brand recognition and credibility over a 146 year history.
Many private, for-profit schools that seek online accreditation have to start from the beginning in developing credibility for their academic offerings. Heald has a history of capable service that dates back to the Civil War. For that reason, their request for online accreditation was made by an established and respected institution which faced far fewer hurdles in clearing its online program than schools with fifteen or twenty years' history. Blanket accreditation is unusual, and that's probably why Corinthian paid $395 million for a school with eleven campuses, 12,500 students and a new online program.
About The University of Texas at Arlington
- M.Ed. In Curriculum and Instruction - Mathematics Education
- Master of Science in Nursing - Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- M.Ed. In Curriculum and Instruction - Science Education More...
Work toward your graduate degree with New England College Online.
- Master of Science in Accounting - Forensic Accounting
- MS in Management/Project Management
- Master of Science in Accounting More...
- Veterinary Assistant
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course
- Grooming Instruction
About University of North Carolina Wilmington
To meet today’s high demand for nursing professionals UNCW is offering an accredited Bachelor of Science in Nursing program completely online.
- MSN Nurse Educator
- RN to BSN
About Baylor University
Baylor is nationally-ranked as a research and academic institution by both U.S. News & World Report and Kiplinger’s.
- Master of Business Administration
- AA - Healthcare Information Technology
- Diploma - Massage
- AA - Paralegal Studies More...
The University of West Florida (UWF) has a central mission.
- Educational Specialist in Curriculum and Instruction
- Master of Business Administration - Supply Chain Logistics Management
- RN to BSN More...
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Master of Arts in Counseling - Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CMHC) More...