Kindergarteners Get An Early Taste of College Life
What would you have known about college when you were five years old? Maybe you know a little bit -- perhaps a sibling is attending, or perhaps your parents are alumni and holds their alma mater very dear, or perhaps you simply live in an active college town. Many children, however, grow up knowing nothing at all about college, and are unaware of all that the future might hold. This month, however, over a thousand of these children in the Orange County area will get a glimpse into college life with Fullerton College's 14th Annual KinderCaminata.
Kindergartners from Anaheim, La Habra and Fullerton schools districts will get an early taste of college life Friday when Fullerton College hosts the 14th annual KinderCaminata.
More than 1,000 pint-sized students have been invited to tour the school, have their faces painted and meet with Buzzy, the campus mascot.
Several schools in the area participate in KinderCaminata, with the express purpose of introducing underprivileged children -- and their families -- to the world of higher learning.
KinderCaminata was developed to give children, many of them from immigrant, low-income families, and an introduction to the "college dream". KinderCaminata helps them to see the benefits of school and respect for their families as the way to become whatever they hope in the future. KinderCaminata parents are encouraged to accompany their children to attend the college fair. Parents will also have an opportunity to attend a parent workshop, in either Spanish or English, on how to prepare children for higher education over their time in school.
Community colleges across the county will open their doors to the children in the days surrounding March 31st in celebration of Cesar Chavez Day, a man who also worked toward the benefit and upward mobility of the immigrant and the common man.
- Business Administration (AS) (Online)
- Psychology (BA) (Online)
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online) More...
The Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs is Syracuse University’s home for innovative, interdisciplinary teaching and research in the social sciences, public policy, public administration, and international relations.
- Executive Master of Public Administration (Executive MPA)
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession.
- DBA - Global Operations and Supply Chain Management (ACBSP-accredited)
- EdS - Teacher Leader in Digital Transformation
- MS - Addiction Studies More...
Founded in 1766, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher learning.
- Online Master of Social Work
- Online Master of Information
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Master of Public Administration Online
- Master of Arts in International Relations Online
- Master of Civil Engineering Online More...
Purdue University offers a strong foundation of tradition and history.
- Master of Science in Communication
- Master of Science in Education in Special Education
- Graduate Certificate in Strategic Communication Management More...
Hofstra University is a private institution whose primary mission is to provide a quality education to its students in an environment that encourages, nurtures and supports learning through the free and open exchange of ideas for the betterment of humankind.
- Online Master of Arts in Health Law and Policy
- Online Master of Laws in Health Law and Policy