Minnesota School District Considers Going Online
The online K12 idea seems to be picking up steam by the minute -- while certainly appealing to private schools wishing to broaden their horizons, it is now gathering interest from public school districts as well. Minnesota's Frazee-Vergas School Board, for example, is considering going online in the near future as part of a new plan exploring ways to give students options to improve their education experience.
The second major change that could come for Frazee-Vergas students is the opportunity to go online.
"It'll change the look of this school," [Principal Brian] Koslofsky said.
He said he is looking into a regional teacher to assist students in area schools to be able to take classes online rather than the traditional classroom setting.
The principal's desire to explore this avenue stems from concerns over a former student who was pulled from school and enrolled in a different online K12 program; he states that he wished he could have offered the student online options within his own district instead of having to look elsewhere. Now, however, it goes beyond that and represents a desire to connecting and working with neighboring school districts via online methods and stay afloat in an era of changing wants and needs.
Rather than having area schools compete with each other, he said he'd like to see a "regional base" offering the secondary classes at each school. There would also be post secondary classes offered.
Superintendent Deron Stender said Gov. Tim Pawlenty is very serious about online schools, so the district needs to be looking at options to stay in business.
It's a bold plan at the moment, but one that will likely be coming to more and more school districts as the year marches on.
At Animal Behavior College (ABC), we're dedicated to helping animal lovers pursue animal careers.
- Cat Training
- Veterinary Assistant
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course More...
- Home Health Aide
- Security Guard
- Veterinary Assistant More...
St. Thomas University offers fully online business and education graduate degrees built on a 50-year tradition of scholastic excellence, community leadership, and faith-focused values.
- M.S. in Educational Leadership
- Ed.D. in Leadership and Management
Founded in 1766, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher learning.
- Online Master of Social Work
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration (AS) (Online)
- Psychology (BA) (Online)
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online) More...
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession.
- DBA - Global Operations and Supply Chain Management (ACBSP-accredited)
- EdS - Teacher Leader in Digital Transformation
- MS - Addiction Studies More...
One of the world's leading private research institutions, the University of Southern California (USC) was founded in 1880.
- Online Master of Management in Library and Information Science - Urban Public Librarianship
- Online Master of Management in Library and Information Science - Academic Librarianship
- Master of Public Administration More...
- Online Associate Degree to Master Degree Nursing program
- Online Bachelor Degree to Master Degree Nursing program
- Master of Public Administration