Minnesota School District Considers Going Online
The online K12 idea seems to be picking up steam by the minute -- while certainly appealing to private schools wishing to broaden their horizons, it is now gathering interest from public school districts as well. Minnesota's Frazee-Vergas School Board, for example, is considering going online in the near future as part of a new plan exploring ways to give students options to improve their education experience.
The second major change that could come for Frazee-Vergas students is the opportunity to go online.
"It'll change the look of this school," [Principal Brian] Koslofsky said.
He said he is looking into a regional teacher to assist students in area schools to be able to take classes online rather than the traditional classroom setting.
The principal's desire to explore this avenue stems from concerns over a former student who was pulled from school and enrolled in a different online K12 program; he states that he wished he could have offered the student online options within his own district instead of having to look elsewhere. Now, however, it goes beyond that and represents a desire to connecting and working with neighboring school districts via online methods and stay afloat in an era of changing wants and needs.
Rather than having area schools compete with each other, he said he'd like to see a "regional base" offering the secondary classes at each school. There would also be post secondary classes offered.
Superintendent Deron Stender said Gov. Tim Pawlenty is very serious about online schools, so the district needs to be looking at options to stay in business.
It's a bold plan at the moment, but one that will likely be coming to more and more school districts as the year marches on.
Our Lady of the Lake University is a private, Catholic university with a deep connection to the history and community of San Antonio.
- Master of Social Work (MSW) Degree
Why Choose Widener University?
At Widener University, we proudly cultivate challenging and culturally diverse learning environments where academics, leadership, and service come first. Our curricula are connected to societal issues and challenge students to take social responsibility for their role in today's global society.
- Masters of Social Work
You’ve expressed interest in Blue Cliff College before, now we have online programs to better fit your busy lifestyle. Enroll now!
- Health Information/Medical Billing & Coding
The Accounting Academy was founded in 2005 and has been continuously approved to operate by the California Bureau for Private-Pstsecondary Education.
- Basic Computer and Microsoft Office Skills
- Accounting and Bookkeeping
Purdue University offers a strong foundation of tradition and history.
- Master of Science in Communication
- Master of Science in Education in Special Education
- Master of Science in Hospitality and Tourism Management More...
Sacred Heart University Online
- Master of Science in Applied Psychology - Community Psychology
- Master of Science in Applied Psychology - Industrial Organizational Psychology
- Master of Science in Applied Psychology
- Veterinary Assistant
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course
- Grooming Instruction
The goal of earning a master’s degree should be defined by you, not by your circumstances. No matter which path you’ve chosen, a graduate degree can help you advance with your current organization, explore opportunities with a new company, or even start fresh in a new industry. When you earn your master's degree, you’re opening new opportunities for career development that can make a difference for you and your family. Through flexible class scheduling, dedicated career advisors and quality programs, NAU strives to provide a caring and supportive learning environment to ensure your success as a student.
- Master of Business Administration, Aviation Management
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Master of Science in Nursing - Care Coordination More...
Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a four-year, private university located in west St. Louis County.
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)-Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP)
- Online Master of Business Administration Supply Chain Management/Logistics Concentration
- Online Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) More...