Mount St. Mary's College Outreach Program Makes Difference
Applying to college can be a daunting process, one that would be much more helpful if there was someone there to guide you through it. Mount St. Mary is providing just such a service to students in the Los Angeles area with its student ambassadors program, providing college outreach to high school students who might otherwise have fallen through the cracks.
The college's outreach program, launched in 1991, works to encourage students in the greater Los Angeles area to complete high school and aspire to attend college.
The program is an attempt to combat a troubling reality in the county's school system.
For the 2006-07 academic year, the most recent year for which data is available, L.A. County reported a high school graduation rate of 76.1%, even lower than the statewide figure of 80.6%, according to the state Department of Education.
But the Mount St. Mary's ambassadors, who number 46 this year, dedicate hours of their time to improve those numbers and boost college entry among the students with whom they work.
Since the ambassadors are college students themselves, the memory of high school is still fresh enough in their minds that they know just how difficult and confusing a process it can be -- and as successful college students, they know what worked and how they can help. Mount St. Mary's is a private school with the funds available for many programs, and they put those funds to good use with the academic outreach program, which reportedly helps 7,000 students each year in their quest to successfully apply to and enroll in college.
- Master of Public Administration Online
- Master of Arts in International Relations Online
- Master of Civil Engineering Online More...
The MSW@USC is the first top-ranked MSW program offered nationally. Many online programs are limited to certain geographic areas or the availability of courses, making it necessary to travel to campus. Our program can be completed from virtually anywhere without the need to relocate to Southern California.
- Doctor of Social Work
- Master of Social Work
- Veterinary Technology Alternate Route - Certificate
- Respiratory Therapy
- Veterinary Technology - Associates More...
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession.
- DBA - Global Operations and Supply Chain Management (ACBSP-accredited)
- EdS - Teacher Leader in Digital Transformation
- MS - Addiction Studies More...
Founded in 1766, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher learning.
- Online Master of Social Work
- Associate of Arts in Business - Business Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Business - Organizational Leadership
- Master of Arts in Ministry - Practical Theology More...
Saint Xavier University, Chicago’s oldest Catholic university, has a long history of educating students to prepare them for professional success and lay the foundation for personal fulfillment.
- MSN in Clinical Leadership
- MSN in Executive Leadership
- MS in Finance
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration (AS) (Online)
- Psychology (BA) (Online)
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online) More...
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University.
- International Business - D.B.A.
- Leadership in Higher Education - EdS
- MS Organizational Leadership - Nonprofit Management More...