Obama Proposes Education Spending Increase
In Washington today, President Barack Obama proposed an increase in education spending that would help make college more affordable to all students.�� Under his new budget plan, students would see an increase in the availability of funds.
His plan would tie the Pell Grant program to inflation for the first time since the grants began in 1973. The program would grow by more than 150 percent over the next 10 years.
Obama also seeks an end to government-guaranteed loans, an idea sure to upset the nation's lenders. Instead, the government would increase its own direct lending to students in an effort to protect them from turmoil in financial markets.
The spending proposal follows through on Obama's comments Tuesday to Congress, when he said he wants every child to be able to pursue some form of higher education.
The number of students who want to go to college is on the rise due to the state of our economy. Tuition fees are also on the rise, and the current Pell Grant program just cant keep up with the times.�� With President Obama's proposal, having further options when it comes to government education funding is necessary to keep college education within reach of all Americans.
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession.
- MS - Addiction Studies
- MS - School Counseling (CACREP-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Diabetes Nursing (CCNE-accredited) More...
- Veterinary Technology Alternate Route - Certificate
- Respiratory Therapy
- Veterinary Technology - Associates More...
The MSW@USC is the first top-ranked MSW program offered nationally. Many online programs are limited to certain geographic areas or the availability of courses, making it necessary to travel to campus. Our program can be completed from virtually anywhere without the need to relocate to Southern California.
- Doctor of Social Work
- Master of Social Work
Founded in 1766, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher learning.
- Online Master of Social Work
- Online Master of Information
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Join the community of thought leaders at University of the Rockies. Pursue your graduate degree from the University’s School of Professional Psychology or School of Organizational Leadership.
- MA in Public Sociology
- Doctor of Psychology, Mediation & Conflict Resolution
- Doctor of Philosophy, Organizational Development and Leadership More...
The Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs is Syracuse University’s home for innovative, interdisciplinary teaching and research in the social sciences, public policy, public administration, and international relations.
- Executive Master of Public Administration (Executive MPA)
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
- Elementary Mathematics - Additional Endorsement - Certificate
- Business Intelligence - MBA (Master's)
- Information Technology and Security - Bachelor More...
Saint Xavier University, Chicago’s oldest Catholic university, has a long history of educating students to prepare them for professional success and lay the foundation for personal fulfillment.
- MSN in Clinical Leadership
- MSN in Executive Leadership
- MS in Finance
You can advance your career with a degree from Charter College Online.
- Certificate - Medical Office Administrative Assistant
- Certificate - Business Office Administration
- Certificate - Computer Technician