Ohio State Opens an Online Extension
t's not particularly well known since Ohio State is across town, but the other campus in Columbus, Ohio is Columbus State Community College, an institution with over 23,000 students. As the result of a partnership forged last year and taking root this year, CCC students can earn an Ohio State bachelor's degree without ever setting foot on the Ohio State campus.
Ohio State has entered into similar partnerships with other community colleges, but the school in Columbus is something of an incubator. It's not an automatic route to a bachelor's degree, but any student in one of Columbus State's 55 career and technical programs can participate, as long as he or she completes an associate degree and has a cumulative 2.0 grade-point average. 113 students have enrolled in the program thus far; what is required for many of them are a student loan and a leap of faith.
Prior to the establishment of this program, Columbus students could obtain an associate's degree in the technical or vocational training programs but not be prepared for moving on to a four year school. Now, this program requires them to take an additional year's courses at CSCC, taught by CSCC professors but counted as Ohio State credits. The final obligation is completing 12 or 13 Ohio State classes online, which completes the general education requirements, or "core courses" for an Ohio State bachelor's degree.
Participants currently can earn a bachelor of technical and applied studies degree, which is focused on providing students the business and professional skills to advance in any career, or a bachelor of criminal justice degree. Ohio University plans to add classes for a bachelor of science degree in nursing program in the winter quarter and an applied business degree next fall.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Information Technology - Network Management More...
- Veterinary Assistant
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course
- Grooming Instruction
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession.
- DBA - Global Operations and Supply Chain Management (ACBSP-accredited)
- EdS - Teacher Leader in Digital Transformation
- MS - Addiction Studies More...
Johns Hopkins University Carey Business School has brought the philosophy of business with humanity in mind to a part time format.
- Flexible MBA
- Flexible MBA - Entrepreneurship
- Flexible MBA - Management More...
- B.A. Early Childhood Education
- B.A. Early Childhood Education with Dual Credential
- M.A. Education with Preliminary Education Specialist Instruction Credential More...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Leadership of Educational Organizations
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement More...
Concordia College-New York M.S. Degree Programs Online
Concordia College-New York offers accredited, innovative graduate degrees online to help you advance your career and become a transformative leader.
- M.S. in Digital Marketing
- M.A. in Digital Media
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
- Bachelor of Arts in Applied Psychology/Forensic Psychology
- Master of Science in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Arts in Accounting More...