Princeton Review Acquires Penn Foster Education Group
The Princeton Review specializes in education preparation, best known for its courses and study guides covering the APs, SAT, GRE, and everything in between. Penn Foster Education Group, Inc., specializes in education itself, one of the United States' oldest correspondence schools best known today for its online college and high school programs. Now, these two heavy hitters in the education world are about to come together closer than ever before, thanks to a recent move made by the side of education prep.
As Boston Business Journal reports, Massachusetts-based Princeton Review filed an agreement today to buy Penn Foster Education Group for a sum of $170 million in cash. The pricey transaction is to be "financed with $155 million in debt and $30 million in equity financing from Bain Capital Venture Partners and Falcon Investment Advisors LLC, both of Boston." In the end, however, the move is expected to pay off in dividends -- executives at the Princeton Review expect that the "education-services enterprise" born of the merger will produce around $240 million in yearly revenue. That's good news for Princeton Review -- hit hard by the recession, the company posted a $1.8 million loss in August, according to the Wall Street Journal.
In spite of the merger, the college itself isn't expecting too many major changes. Operating as a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Princeton Review, Penn Foster College will be retaining both its name and its management staff -- as will the school's two other incarnations, Penn Foster Career School and Penn Foster High School. Any more word on progress will likely come within the following year:according to their filing this morning, the acquisition should finalize by the First of January.
- Veterinary Assistant
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course
- Grooming Instruction
About The University of Texas at Arlington
- M.Ed. In Curriculum and Instruction - Mathematics Education
- Master of Science in Nursing - Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- M.Ed. In Curriculum and Instruction - Science Education More...
About Boise State University
Boise State University is a highly respected, public, metropolitan research university offering lifelong learning.
- Master of Business Administration
About University of North Carolina Wilmington
To meet today’s high demand for nursing professionals UNCW is offering an accredited Bachelor of Science in Nursing program completely online.
- MSN Nurse Educator
- RN to BSN
Work toward your graduate degree with New England College Online.
- Master of Science in Accounting - Forensic Accounting
- MS in Management/Project Management
- Master of Science in Accounting More...
The University of North Florida is a nationally ranked university that offers a well-rounded education to students determined to make their mark and change the lives of others as well as their own.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- RN to BSN
- Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy
- Master of Science in Nursing - Womens Health Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice More...
Congratulations! Your interest in Independence University is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Business Administration (BS)
- Business Management & Accounting (AAS)
- Accounting - Forensic Accounting (BS) More...
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals.
- PhD in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Nursing More...