Princeton Review Acquires Penn Foster Education Group
The Princeton Review specializes in education preparation, best known for its courses and study guides covering the APs, SAT, GRE, and everything in between. Penn Foster Education Group, Inc., specializes in education itself, one of the United States' oldest correspondence schools best known today for its online college and high school programs. Now, these two heavy hitters in the education world are about to come together closer than ever before, thanks to a recent move made by the side of education prep.
As Boston Business Journal reports, Massachusetts-based Princeton Review filed an agreement today to buy Penn Foster Education Group for a sum of $170 million in cash. The pricey transaction is to be "financed with $155 million in debt and $30 million in equity financing from Bain Capital Venture Partners and Falcon Investment Advisors LLC, both of Boston." In the end, however, the move is expected to pay off in dividends -- executives at the Princeton Review expect that the "education-services enterprise" born of the merger will produce around $240 million in yearly revenue. That's good news for Princeton Review -- hit hard by the recession, the company posted a $1.8 million loss in August, according to the Wall Street Journal.
In spite of the merger, the college itself isn't expecting too many major changes. Operating as a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Princeton Review, Penn Foster College will be retaining both its name and its management staff -- as will the school's two other incarnations, Penn Foster Career School and Penn Foster High School. Any more word on progress will likely come within the following year:according to their filing this morning, the acquisition should finalize by the First of January.
- Business Administration (AS) (Online)
- Psychology (BA) (Online)
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online) More...
At Animal Behavior College (ABC), we're dedicated to helping animal lovers pursue animal careers.
- Cat Training
- Veterinary Assistant
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course More...
- Master of Public Administration Online
- Master of Arts in International Relations Online
- Master of Civil Engineering Online More...
- Veterinary Technology Alternate Route - Certificate
- Respiratory Therapy
- Veterinary Technology - Associates More...
Join the community of thought leaders at University of the Rockies. Pursue your graduate degree from the University’s School of Professional Psychology or School of Organizational Leadership.
- MA in Public Sociology
- Doctor of Psychology, Mediation & Conflict Resolution
- Doctor of Philosophy, Organizational Development and Leadership More...
The goal of earning a master’s degree should be defined by you, not by your circumstances. No matter which path you’ve chosen, a graduate degree can help you advance with your current organization, explore opportunities with a new company, or even start fresh in a new industry. When you earn your master's degree, you’re opening new opportunities for career development that can make a difference for you and your family. Through flexible class scheduling, dedicated career advisors and quality programs, NAU strives to provide a caring and supportive learning environment to ensure your success as a student.
- Master of Business Administration, Aviation Management
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Master of Science in Nursing - Care Coordination More...
- Associate of Arts in Business - Business Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Business - Organizational Leadership
- Master of Arts in Ministry - Practical Theology More...
Since 1888, The University of Scranton has grounded its education in Catholic and Jesuit principles based on intellectual growth and integrity, all of which shape the online master’s and certificate programs.
- Online General MBA
- Online MBA specialization in Operations Management
- Online Master of Accountancy More...
Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a four-year, private university located in west St. Louis County.
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)-Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP)
- Online Master of Business Administration Supply Chain Management/Logistics Concentration
- Online Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) More...
Saint Xavier University, Chicago’s oldest Catholic university, has a long history of educating students to prepare them for professional success and lay the foundation for personal fulfillment.
- MSN in Clinical Leadership
- MSN in Executive Leadership
- MS in Finance