Princeton Review Acquires Penn Foster Education Group
The Princeton Review specializes in education preparation, best known for its courses and study guides covering the APs, SAT, GRE, and everything in between. Penn Foster Education Group, Inc., specializes in education itself, one of the United States' oldest correspondence schools best known today for its online college and high school programs. Now, these two heavy hitters in the education world are about to come together closer than ever before, thanks to a recent move made by the side of education prep.
As Boston Business Journal reports, Massachusetts-based Princeton Review filed an agreement today to buy Penn Foster Education Group for a sum of $170 million in cash. The pricey transaction is to be "financed with $155 million in debt and $30 million in equity financing from Bain Capital Venture Partners and Falcon Investment Advisors LLC, both of Boston." In the end, however, the move is expected to pay off in dividends -- executives at the Princeton Review expect that the "education-services enterprise" born of the merger will produce around $240 million in yearly revenue. That's good news for Princeton Review -- hit hard by the recession, the company posted a $1.8 million loss in August, according to the Wall Street Journal.
In spite of the merger, the college itself isn't expecting too many major changes. Operating as a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Princeton Review, Penn Foster College will be retaining both its name and its management staff -- as will the school's two other incarnations, Penn Foster Career School and Penn Foster High School. Any more word on progress will likely come within the following year:according to their filing this morning, the acquisition should finalize by the First of January.
Why Choose Widener University?
At Widener University, we proudly cultivate challenging and culturally diverse learning environments where academics, leadership, and service come first. Our curricula are connected to societal issues and challenge students to take social responsibility for their role in today's global society.
- Masters of Social Work
The Accounting Academy was founded in 2005 and has been continuously approved to operate by the California Bureau for Private-Pstsecondary Education.
- Basic Computer and Microsoft Office Skills
- Accounting and Bookkeeping
Purdue University offers a strong foundation of tradition and history.
- Master of Science in Communication
- Master of Science in Education in Special Education
- Master of Science in Hospitality and Tourism Management More...
- Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy
- Master of Science in Nursing - Womens Health Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice More...
- Veterinary Assistant
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course
- Grooming Instruction
Our Lady of the Lake University is a private, Catholic university with a deep connection to the history and community of San Antonio.
- Master of Social Work (MSW) Degree
The University of California, Riverside
Transforming Engineers into Leaders
If you’re seeking to elevate your technical expertise and take on leadership roles in today’s global workplace, the UC Riverside online Master of Science in Engineering can deliver the highly calibrated balance of scientific and business knowledge to help you reach your goals.
- M.S. in Engineering, Materials at the Nanoscale Specialization
- M.S. in Engineering, Data Science Specialization
- M.S. in Engineering, Electrical Engineering (Power Systems) Specialization More...
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Master of Marriage and Family Therapy
- Master of Marriage and Family Therapy - Child & Adolescent Therapy
- Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership - Digital Learning Track More...