Santa Monica College Launches Solar Panel Installation Certificate Program
As environmental activism continues to gather interest among college students across the country, colleges are responding in kind with degree programs specializing in green-friendly pursuits. At Santa Monica College, it comes in the form of a new certification program being launched this Fall in the field of solar panel installation.
According to the Santa Monica Daily Press, the new 18-unit trade school program consists of three courses developed in part by Brian Hurd of Hands On Solar, Inc, a company dedicated to education in the field of solar technology and alternative energy. Each of the three successive courses delve further into "the essentials of photovoltaic panels and solar systems." Along with in-class lessons, each course will also have a lab component involving hands-on work -- actually getting in the trenches and installing solar panels.
This isn't the first environmental degree on the block, but it's certainly one of a different color. Many are related to theoretical science -- forestry and biology, or engineering degrees focusing on creating more efficient and environmentally friendly ways to harness alternative forms of energy. With this program, Santa Monica College makes a bid toward a new form of green-friendly leadership. Says Genevieve Bertone, sustainability coordination project manager at the college, "SMC really wants to be a leader in not just being a green college, but offering a really green curriculum."
The program is currently awaiting final approval from the education board. Following this approval, it shall begin enrolling its first round of students for this coming semester, so stay tuned.
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Legal Studies - Homeland Security (Master of Science) - Online
- Wellness Coaching (Master of Science) - Online
- Dual Concentration: Performance Enhancement, Wellness Coaching (Master of Science) - Online More...
- Master of Public Administration Online
- Master of Arts in International Relations Online
- Master of Civil Engineering Online More...
Founded in 1766, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher learning.
- Online Master of Social Work
- Associate of Arts in Business - Business Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Business - Organizational Leadership
- Master of Arts in Ministry - Practical Theology More...
- Veterinary Technology Alternate Route - Certificate
- Respiratory Therapy
- Veterinary Technology - Associates More...
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University.
- International Business - D.B.A.
- Leadership in Higher Education - EdS
- MS Organizational Leadership - Nonprofit Management More...
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Common Core State Standards Instructional Leader
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: The Inclusive Classroom (SPED)
- Higher Education (EDD) More...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration (AS) (Online)
- Psychology (BA) (Online)
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online) More...
Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a four-year, private university located in west St. Louis County.
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)-Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP)
- Online Master of Business Administration Supply Chain Management/Logistics Concentration
- Online Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) More...
Since 1888, The University of Scranton has grounded its education in Catholic and Jesuit principles based on intellectual growth and integrity, all of which shape the online master’s and certificate programs.
- Online General MBA
- Online MBA specialization in Operations Management
- Online Master of Accountancy More...