Scholarship Deadline Approaches
For students who are interested in applying for scholarships, the deadlines for some are quickly approaching. February and March are traditionally deadlines are for scholarship applications, so if you have not already applied for scholarships and financial aid, now is the time to get moving - and fast.
For those who are concerned with the cost of education, FAFSA, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, is an important step in applying for different types of monetary support. FAFSA is used by the U.S. Department of Education to determine your expected family contribution by conducting a "need analysis" based on financial information, such as income, assets and other household information that you and your parents provide. Students can fill out this application at www.fafsa.ed.gov or at the Financial Aid Office.
As of Oct. 8, 2008, 86 percent of students were on some type of financial aid.
"Forty-four percent of students are on federal aid grants," said Barbara Bradbury, Director of Financial Aid. "Approximately 58 percent of students use loans to help pay for college."
Other than these types of financial aid used, some students are on a program called work study. Work study is a federally funded, need-based program that provides employment opportunities on- and off-campus for undergraduate students to earn money to help pay for their education.
Most students rely on Federal and state support, scholarships, loans and other types of financial aid to pay for college. There are many options available for those who need assistance when financing their college education.�� In the long run, the financial return will most likely be grater than the initial investment.
Founded in 1766, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher learning.
- Online Master of Social Work
Join the community of thought leaders at University of the Rockies. Pursue your graduate degree from the University’s School of Professional Psychology or School of Organizational Leadership.
- MA in Public Sociology
- Doctor of Psychology, Mediation & Conflict Resolution
- Doctor of Philosophy, Organizational Development and Leadership More...
- Veterinary Technology Alternate Route - Certificate
- Respiratory Therapy
- Veterinary Technology - Associates More...
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession.
- DBA - Global Operations and Supply Chain Management (ACBSP-accredited)
- EdS - Teacher Leader in Digital Transformation
- MS - Addiction Studies More...
- Associate of Arts in Business - Business Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Business - Organizational Leadership
- Master of Arts in Ministry - Practical Theology More...
Change the World with American University
Be a part of something bigger than yourself.
- Master of Science in Measurement & Evaluation
- Master of Science in Nutrition Education
- Master of Arts in Economics - Applied Economics More...
- Master of Public Administration Online
- Master of Arts in International Relations Online
- Master of Civil Engineering Online More...
Saint Xavier University, Chicago’s oldest Catholic university, has a long history of educating students to prepare them for professional success and lay the foundation for personal fulfillment.
- MSN in Clinical Leadership
- MSN in Executive Leadership
- MS in Finance
Since 1888, The University of Scranton has grounded its education in Catholic and Jesuit principles based on intellectual growth and integrity, all of which shape the online master’s and certificate programs.
- Online General MBA
- Online MBA specialization in Operations Management
- Online Master of Accountancy More...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration (AS) (Online)
- Psychology (BA) (Online)
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online) More...