Scholarship Proposed for Children of Flight 3407 Victims
New York Governor David Paterson proposed a scholarship fund for the children of the victims of February 13ths fatal crash of flight 3407 in Buffalo, New York.�� The scholarship would cover the full cost of tuition, room and board, books and other related expenses.
The scholarship would go to the children and financial dependents of the 50 victims of Flight 3407, which crashed last month while en route to Buffalo-Niagara International Airport. The grants could be used for up to four years of undergraduate study at any public or private college in New York State.
"This scholarship will serve as an enduring gesture to the victims of this terrible tragedy, providing their children with financial assistance toward obtaining a college education," said Paterson in announcing the plan Wednesday at the University at Buffalo. This scholarship is a fitting tribute to the victims of this tragedy - many of whom dedicated their lives to higher education."
The proposed scholarship fund will need to get approval from the state legislature first.�� If passed, the scholarship would be available for the 2009 fall semester. Several victims on board the flight had ties to higher education, including a professor from the University at Buffalo.
About University of North Carolina Wilmington
To meet today’s high demand for nursing professionals UNCW is offering an accredited Bachelor of Science in Nursing program completely online.
- MSN Nurse Educator
- RN to BSN
About Baylor University
Baylor is nationally-ranked as a research and academic institution by both U.S. News & World Report and Kiplinger’s.
- Master of Business Administration
The University of North Florida is a nationally ranked university that offers a well-rounded education to students determined to make their mark and change the lives of others as well as their own.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- RN to BSN
One of the world's leading private research institutions, the University of Southern California (USC) was founded in 1880.
- Online Master of Management in Library and Information Science - Urban Public Librarianship
- Online Master of Management in Library and Information Science - Academic Librarianship
- Master of Public Administration More...
- B.A. Early Childhood Education
- B.A. Early Childhood Education with Dual Credential
- M.A. Education with Preliminary Education Specialist Instruction Credential More...
- Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy
- Master of Science in Nursing - Womens Health Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice More...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration (AS) (Online)
- Psychology (BA) (Online)
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online) More...
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction Equity, Ethics, and Justice
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Common Core State Standards Instructional Leader
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: The Inclusive Classroom (SPED) More...