Scholarship Proposed for Children of Flight 3407 Victims
New York Governor David Paterson proposed a scholarship fund for the children of the victims of February 13ths fatal crash of flight 3407 in Buffalo, New York.�� The scholarship would cover the full cost of tuition, room and board, books and other related expenses.
The scholarship would go to the children and financial dependents of the 50 victims of Flight 3407, which crashed last month while en route to Buffalo-Niagara International Airport. The grants could be used for up to four years of undergraduate study at any public or private college in New York State.
"This scholarship will serve as an enduring gesture to the victims of this terrible tragedy, providing their children with financial assistance toward obtaining a college education," said Paterson in announcing the plan Wednesday at the University at Buffalo. This scholarship is a fitting tribute to the victims of this tragedy - many of whom dedicated their lives to higher education."
The proposed scholarship fund will need to get approval from the state legislature first.�� If passed, the scholarship would be available for the 2009 fall semester. Several victims on board the flight had ties to higher education, including a professor from the University at Buffalo.
The Accounting Academy was founded in 2005 and has been continuously approved to operate by the California Bureau for Private-Pstsecondary Education.
- Basic Computer and Microsoft Office Skills
- Accounting and Bookkeeping
Our Lady of the Lake University is a private, Catholic university with a deep connection to the history and community of San Antonio.
- Master of Social Work (MSW) Degree
Purdue University offers a strong foundation of tradition and history.
- Master of Science in Communication
- Master of Science in Education in Special Education
- Master of Science in Hospitality and Tourism Management More...
Why Choose Widener University?
At Widener University, we proudly cultivate challenging and culturally diverse learning environments where academics, leadership, and service come first. Our curricula are connected to societal issues and challenge students to take social responsibility for their role in today's global society.
- Masters of Social Work
- Veterinary Assistant
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course
- Grooming Instruction
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) recently received state approval to enroll students with little to no prior college experience. To help ensure student success, the university has created a program especially for these students who plan on starting their college experience for the first time with us.
- Master - Professional Accounting
- MS - Teaching and Learning
- Master - Information Technology Management More...
- Associate of Arts in Business - Business Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Business - Organizational Leadership
- Master of Arts in Ministry - Practical Theology More...
The goal of earning a master’s degree should be defined by you, not by your circumstances. No matter which path you’ve chosen, a graduate degree can help you advance with your current organization, explore opportunities with a new company, or even start fresh in a new industry. When you earn your master's degree, you’re opening new opportunities for career development that can make a difference for you and your family. Through flexible class scheduling, dedicated career advisors and quality programs, NAU strives to provide a caring and supportive learning environment to ensure your success as a student.
- Master of Business Administration, Aviation Management
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Master of Science in Nursing - Care Coordination More...
- Master of Public Administration Online
- Master of Arts in International Relations Online
- Master of Civil Engineering Online More...