Scholarship Proposed for Children of Flight 3407 Victims
New York Governor David Paterson proposed a scholarship fund for the children of the victims of February 13ths fatal crash of flight 3407 in Buffalo, New York.�� The scholarship would cover the full cost of tuition, room and board, books and other related expenses.
The scholarship would go to the children and financial dependents of the 50 victims of Flight 3407, which crashed last month while en route to Buffalo-Niagara International Airport. The grants could be used for up to four years of undergraduate study at any public or private college in New York State.
"This scholarship will serve as an enduring gesture to the victims of this terrible tragedy, providing their children with financial assistance toward obtaining a college education," said Paterson in announcing the plan Wednesday at the University at Buffalo. This scholarship is a fitting tribute to the victims of this tragedy - many of whom dedicated their lives to higher education."
The proposed scholarship fund will need to get approval from the state legislature first.�� If passed, the scholarship would be available for the 2009 fall semester. Several victims on board the flight had ties to higher education, including a professor from the University at Buffalo.
- Veterinary Technology Alternate Route - Certificate
- Respiratory Therapy
- Veterinary Technology - Associates More...
Concordia College-New York M.S. Degree Programs Online
Concordia College-New York offers accredited, innovative graduate degrees online to help you advance your career and become a transformative leader.
- M.S. in Digital Marketing
- M.A. in Digital Media
Study online with University of Maryland at College Park.
- MBA - Information Systems & Business Analytics
- MBA - General
- MBA - Marketing More...
- Master of Public Administration Online
- Master of Arts in International Relations Online
- Master of Civil Engineering Online More...
Saint Xavier University, Chicago’s oldest Catholic university, has a long history of educating students to prepare them for professional success and lay the foundation for personal fulfillment.
- MSN in Clinical Leadership
- MSN in Executive Leadership
- MS in Finance
- Associate of Arts in Business - Business Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Business - Organizational Leadership
- Master of Arts in Ministry - Practical Theology More...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration (AS) (Online)
- Psychology (BA) (Online)
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online) More...
Johns Hopkins University Carey Business School has brought the philosophy of business with humanity in mind to a part time format.
- Flexible MBA
- Flexible MBA - Entrepreneurship
- Flexible MBA - Management More...